Meaning of WORK in Hindi
Meaning of work in Hindi
- क्रिया(Pr. Kriya kriyaa)
- काम करने का(Pr. Kam karane ka kaam karane kaa)
- परिश्रम(Pr. Parishram)
- कोशिश(Pr. Koshish)
- प्रयत्न(Pr. Prayatn)
- जो करना हो(Pr. Jo karana ho jo karanaa ho zo karana ho)
- कार्य(Pr. Kary kaary)
- कर्म(Pr. Karm)
- रचना(Pr. Rachana rachanaa)
- ग्रंथ(Pr. Granth)
- संपादन(Pr. Sanpadan sanpaadan)
- कृति(Pr. Kriti)
- फल(Pr. Phal fal)
- काम(Pr. Kam kaam)
- वेल बूटा(Pr. Vel buta vel bootaa wel buta)
- उद्यम(Pr. Udyam)
- व्यवसाय(Pr. Vyavasay vyavasaay wyawasay)
- ललित कला(Pr. Lalit kala lalit kalaa)
- प्रतिक्रिया(Pr. Pratikriya pratikriyaa)
- प्रबंध(Pr. Prabandh)
- कर्तव्य(Pr. Kartavy kartawy)
- ग्रन्थ(Pr. Granth)
- अध्ययन(Pr. Adhyayan)
- आजीविका(Pr. Aajivika aajeevikaa aaziwika)
- कृत्य(Pr. Krity)
- कार्यस्थल(Pr. Karyasthal kaaryasthal)
- धन्धा(Pr. Dhandha dhandhaa)
- नौकरी(Pr. Naukari naukaree)
- कलाकृति(Pr. Kalakriti kalaakriti)
- कर्मशाला(Pr. Karmashala karmashaalaa)
- लेखन(Pr. Lekhan)
- लेखन कार्य(Pr. Lekhan kary lekhan kaary)
- बेल बूटा(Pr. Bel buta bel bootaa)
- मेहनत(Pr. Mehanat)
- परिश्रम करना(Pr. Parishram karana parishram karanaa)
- काम करना(Pr. Kam karana kaam karanaa)
- कार्य करना(Pr. Kary karana kaary karanaa)
- चलना(Pr. Chalana chalanaa)
- प्रभाव उत्पन्न करना(Pr. Prabhav utpann karana prabhaav utpann karanaa prabhaw utpann karana)
Meaning of WORK in English
- Exertion of strength or faculties; physical or intellectual effort directed to an end; industrial activity; toil; employment; sometimes, specifically, physically labor.
- The matter on which one is at work; that upon which one spends labor; material for working upon; subject of exertion; the thing occupying one; business; duty; as, to take up one's work; to drop one's work.
- That which is produced as the result of labor; anything accomplished by exertion or toil; product; performance; fabric; manufacture; in a more general sense, act, deed, service, effect, result, achievement, feat.
- Specifically: (a) that which is produced by mental labor; a composition; a book; as, a work, or the works, of addison. (b) flowers, figures, or the like, wrought with the needle; embroidery.
- Structures in civil, military, or naval engineering, as docks, bridges, embankments, trenches, fortifications, and the like; also, the structures and grounds of a manufacturing establishment; as, iron works; locomotive works; gas works.
- The moving parts of a mechanism; as, the works of a watch.
- Manner of working; management; treatment; as, unskillful work spoiled the effect.
- The causing of motion against a resisting force. the amount of work is proportioned to, and is measured by, the product of the force into the amount of motion along the direction of the force. see conservation of energy, under conservation, unit of work, under unit, also foot pound, horse power, poundal, and erg.
- Ore before it is dressed.
- Performance of moral duties; righteous conduct.
- To exert one's self for a purpose; to put forth effort for the attainment of an object; to labor; to be engaged in the performance of a task, a duty, or the like.
- Hence, in a general sense, to operate; to act; to perform; as, a machine works well.
- Hence, figuratively, to be effective; to have effect or influence; to conduce.
- To carry on business; to be engaged or employed customarily; to perform the part of a laborer; to labor; to toil.
- To be in a state of severe exertion, or as if in such a state; to be tossed or agitated; to move heavily; to strain; to labor; as, a ship works in a heavy sea.
- To make one's way slowly and with difficulty; to move or penetrate laboriously; to proceed with effort;
- To ferment, as a liquid.
- To act or operate on the stomach and bowels, as a cathartic.
- To labor or operate upon; to give exertion and effort to; to prepare for use, or to utilize, by labor.
- To produce or form by labor; to bring forth by exertion or toil; to accomplish; to originate; to effect; as, to work wood or iron into a form desired, or into a utensil; to work cotton or wool into cloth.
- To produce by slow degrees, or as if laboriously; to bring gradually into any state by action or motion.
- To influence by acting upon; to prevail upon; to manage; to lead.
- To form with a needle and thread or yarn; especially, to embroider; as, to work muslin.
WORK usage in Proverbs/Idioms
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary