Meaning of WATCH in Hindi
Meaning of watch in Hindi
- घड़ी ghadi ghadee
- चौकीदार chaukidar chaukeedaar
- जेबघड़ी jebaghadi jebaghadee zebaghadi
- पहरा pahara paharaa
- चौकसी करना chaukasi karana chaukasee karanaa
- देखना dekhana dekhanaa
- विशेष ध्यान देना vishesh dhyan dena vishesh dhyan denaa wishesh dhyan dena
- सतर्कता satarkata satarkataa
- की देरेख करना - ki dekh-rekh karana kee dekh-rekh karanaa
- जागना jagana jaaganaa zagana
- पहरा देना pahara dena paharaa denaa
- रखवाली करना rakhavali karana rakhavaalee karanaa rakhawali karana
- बाट जोहना bat johana baat johanaa bat zohana
- अवलोकन avalokan awalokan
- पहरेदार paharedar paharedaar
- चौकसी chaukasi chaukasee
- जेबघडी jebaghadi jebaghadee zebaghadi
- रखवाली rakhavali rakhavaalee rakhawali
- ध्यान रखना dhyan rakhana dhyan rakhanaa
- देखते रहना dekhate rahana dekhate rahanaa
- निगरानी nigarani nigaranee
- खबरदार रहना khabaradar rahana khabaradaar rahanaa
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of WATCH in English
- One who watches, or those who watch; a watchman, or a body of watchmen; a sentry; a guard.
- The post or office of a watchman; also, the place where a watchman is posted, or where a guard is kept.
- To be awake; to be or continue without sleep; to wake; to keep vigil.
- To be expectant; to look with expectation; to wait; to seek opportunity.
- To remain awake with any one as nurse or attendant; to attend on the sick during the night; as, to watch with a man in a fever.
- To tend; to guard; to have in keeping.
- The period of the night during which a person does duty as a sentinel, or guard; the time from the placing of a sentinel till his relief; hence, a division of the night.
- To be attentive or vigilant; to give heed; to be on the lookout; to keep guard; to act as sentinel.
- To serve the purpose of a watchman by floating properly in its place;
- A small timepiece, or chronometer, to be carried about the person, the machinery of which is moved by a spring.
- An allotted portion of time, usually four hour for standing watch, or being on deck ready for duty. Cf. Dogwatch.
- That part, usually one half, of the officers and crew, who together attend to the working of a vessel for an allotted time, usually four hours. The watches are designated as the port watch, and the starboard watch.
- The act of watching; forbearance of sleep; vigil; wakeful, vigilant, or constantly observant attention; close observation; guard; preservative or preventive vigilance; formerly, a watching or guarding by night.
- To give heed to; to observe the actions or motions of, for any purpose; to keep in view; not to lose from sight and observation; as, to watch the progress of a bill in the legislature.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of WATCH, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word WATCH
"You want to watch out for Peeves, said Percy, as they set off again."
- The word/phrase 'watch' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"Everyone stopped talking to watch."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the watch in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"Ron looked at his watch and then glared furiously at Hermione and Neville."
- To understand the meaning of watch, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
WATCH usage in Proverbs/Idioms
WATCH has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें