Meaning of VIRGIN in Hindi
Meaning of virgin in Hindi
- कुंआरी(Pr. Kunari kunaaree)
- पवित्र(Pr. Pavitr pawitr)
- शुद्ध(Pr. Shuddh)
- प्राकृतिक(Pr. Prakritik praakritik)
- विशुद्ध(Pr. Vishuddh wishuddh)
- कुमारी(Pr. Kumari kumaaree)
- कन्या राशि(Pr. Kanya rashi kanyaa raashi)
- कुँवारी(Pr. Kunvari kunvaaree kunwari)
- अक्षतयोनि(Pr. Akshatayoni)
- कन्या राशि में उत्पन्न व्यक्ति(Pr. Kanya rashi men utpann vyakti kanyaa raashi men utpann vyakti kanya rashi men utpann wyakti)
- मुलरुप(Pr. Mularup)
- कन्या(Pr. Kanya kanyaa)
- कुंवारी(Pr. Kunvari kunvaaree kunwari)
- अक्षत(Pr. Akshat)
- अक्षता(Pr. Akshata akshataa)
- कुमारी, अक्षत―योनी(Pr. Kumari akshata–yoni kumaaree akshata–yonee)
Meaning of VIRGIN in English
- A woman who has had no carnal knowledge of man; a maid.
- A person of the male sex who has not known sexual indulgence.
- See virgo.
- Any one of several species of gossamer-winged butterflies of the family lycaenidae.
- A female insect producing eggs from which young are hatched, though there has been no fecundation by a male; a parthenogenetic insect.
- Being a virgin; chaste; of or pertaining to a virgin; becoming a virgin; maidenly; modest; indicating modesty; as, a virgin blush.
- Pure; undefiled; unmixed; fresh; new; as, virgin soil; virgin gold.
- Not yet pregnant; impregnant.
- To act the virgin; to be or keep chaste;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of VIRGIN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word VIRGIN
"No longer a virgin"
- The word/phrase 'virgin' was used by 'Mario Vargas Llosa' in 'Who killed palomino molero'.
"For she clung with her expiring virtue to the virgin, the sculptures, the tombs anything"
- 'Gustave Flaubert' has used the virgin in the novel Madame bovary.
VIRGIN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "VIRGIN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Clad all in white, that seemes a virgin best"
- This term virgin was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.
"The virgin-births with which thy spouse"
- This term virgin was used by Richard Crashaw in the Poem A hymn to the name and honour.
"To say—she lived a virgin chaste"
- This term virgin was used by Andrew Marvell in the Poem An epitaph.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary