Meaning of VIRGIN in Hindi
Meaning of virgin in Hindi
- कुंआरी(Pr. Kunari kunaaree)
- पवित्र(Pr. Pavitr pawitr)
- शुद्ध(Pr. Shuddh)
- प्राकृतिक(Pr. Prakritik praakritik)
- विशुद्ध(Pr. Vishuddh wishuddh)
- कुमारी(Pr. Kumari kumaaree)
- कन्या राशि(Pr. Kanya rashi kanyaa raashi)
- कुँवारी(Pr. Kunvari kunvaaree kunwari)
- अक्षतयोनि(Pr. Akshatayoni)
- कन्या राशि में उत्पन्न व्यक्ति(Pr. Kanya rashi men utpann vyakti kanyaa raashi men utpann vyakti kanya rashi men utpann wyakti)
- मुलरुप(Pr. Mularup)
- कन्या(Pr. Kanya kanyaa)
- कुंवारी(Pr. Kunvari kunvaaree kunwari)
- अक्षत(Pr. Akshat)
- अक्षता(Pr. Akshata akshataa)
- कुमारी, अक्षत―योनी(Pr. Kumari akshata–yoni kumaaree akshata–yonee)
Meaning of VIRGIN in English
- A woman who has had no carnal knowledge of man; a maid.
- A person of the male sex who has not known sexual indulgence.
- See virgo.
- Any one of several species of gossamer-winged butterflies of the family lycaenidae.
- A female insect producing eggs from which young are hatched, though there has been no fecundation by a male; a parthenogenetic insect.
- Being a virgin; chaste; of or pertaining to a virgin; becoming a virgin; maidenly; modest; indicating modesty; as, a virgin blush.
- Pure; undefiled; unmixed; fresh; new; as, virgin soil; virgin gold.
- Not yet pregnant; impregnant.
- To act the virgin; to be or keep chaste;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of VIRGIN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word VIRGIN
"No longer a virgin"
- The word/phrase 'virgin' was used by 'Mario Vargas Llosa' in 'Who killed palomino molero'.
"For she clung with her expiring virtue to the virgin, the sculptures, the tombs anything"
- 'Gustave Flaubert' has used the virgin in the novel Madame bovary.
VIRGIN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "VIRGIN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Clad all in white, that seemes a virgin best"
- This term virgin was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.
"The virgin-births with which thy spouse"
- This term virgin was used by Richard Crashaw in the Poem A hymn to the name and honour.
"To say—she lived a virgin chaste"
- This term virgin was used by Andrew Marvell in the Poem An epitaph.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें