Meaning of VEGETABLE in Hindi
Meaning of vegetable in Hindi
- जड़(Pr. Jad zad)
- बेकार(Pr. Bekar bekaar)
- वानस्पतिक(Pr. Vanaspatik wanaspatik)
- तरकारी(Pr. Tarakari tarakaaree)
- भाजी(Pr. Bhaji bhaajee bhazi)
- शाक(Pr. Shak shaak)
- शाग(Pr. Shag shaag)
- उद्भिद(Pr. Udbhid)
- सब्जी(Pr. Sabji sabjee sabzi)
- वनस्पति(Pr. Vanaspati wanaspati)
- सब्ज़ी(Pr. Sabzi sabzee sabji)
- शाकाहारी(Pr. Shakahari shaakahaaree)
- साग(Pr. Sag saag)
- वनस्पति से सम्बन्धित(Pr. Vanaspati se sambandhit wanaspati se sambandhit)
- सब्ज़(Pr. तरकारी - Sabzi-tarakari sabzee-tarakaaree sabji-tarakari)
- सागभाजी(Pr. Sagabhaji saagabhaajee sagabhazi)
- जड व्यक्ति(Pr. Jad vyakti zad wyakti)
- पेड़ पौधा(Pr. Ped paudha ped paudhaa)
- शकाहार(Pr. Shakahar shakahaar)
- पौैधा(Pr. Pauaidha pauaidhaa)
Meaning of VEGETABLE in English
- Of or pertaining to plants; having the nature of, or produced by, plants; as, a vegetable nature; vegetable growths, juices, etc.
- Consisting of, or comprising, plants; as, the vegetable kingdom.
- Plants having distinct flowers and true seeds.
- Plants without true flowers, and reproduced by minute spores of various kinds, or by simple cell division.
- A plant. see plant.
- A plant used or cultivated for food for man or domestic animals, as the cabbage, turnip, potato, bean, dandelion, etc.; also, the edible part of such a plant, as prepared for market or the table.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of VEGETABLE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word VEGETABLE
"Together, they traipsed across the vegetable patch"
- The word/phrase 'vegetable' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the order of the phoenix book'.
"Mistress gave her yarrow tea and put her to work in the vegetable garden"
- 'Toni Morrison' has used the vegetable in the novel A mercy.
VEGETABLE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "VEGETABLE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"My vegetable love should grow"
- This term vegetable was used by Andrew Marvell in the Poem To his coy mistress.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें