Meaning of VAMPIRE in Hindi
Meaning of vampire in Hindi
Meaning of VAMPIRE in English
- A blood-sucking ghost; a soul of a dead person superstitiously believed to come from the grave and wander about by night sucking the blood of persons asleep, thus causing their death. this superstition is now prevalent in parts of eastern europe, and was especially current in hungary about the year 1730.
- Fig.: one who lives by preying on others; an extortioner; a bloodsucker.
- Either one of two or more species of south american blood-sucking bats belonging to the genera desmodus and diphylla. these bats are destitute of molar teeth, but have strong, sharp cutting incisors with which they make punctured wounds from which they suck the blood of horses, cattle, and other animals, as well as man, chiefly during sleep. they have a caecal appendage to the stomach, in which the blood with which they gorge themselves is stored.
- Any one of several species of harmless tropical american bats of the genus vampyrus, especially v. spectrum. these bats feed upon insects and fruit, but were formerly erroneously supposed to suck the blood of man and animals. called also false vampire.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of VAMPIRE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word VAMPIRE
"Maybe a vampire, suggested dean thomas hopefully"
- The word/phrase 'vampire' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban'.
"Did you hear, there's supposed to be a vampire coming rufus scrimgeour asked luna"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the vampire in the novel Harry potter and the half blood prince.
"You mean the minister of magicyes, he's a vampire, said luna matter-of-factly"
- To understand the meaning of vampire, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the half blood prince.
VAMPIRE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "VAMPIRE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Of a monstrous brood of vampire bats"
- This term vampire was used by Robert Browning in the Poem The pied piper of hamelin.
"A shadow of a vampire as my friend; treats me better than you do"
- This term vampire was used by Prince ..... in the Poem I try to be friends.
"As the cheesecake vampire vanishes within his cloak"
- This term vampire was used by Peter Domain in the Poem A poem for the holidays.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary