Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of UTTERLY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word UTTERLY
"Hermione lay utterly still, her eyes open and glassy"
- The word/phrase 'utterly' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"He turned around to the weasleys, who were looking utterly bewildered"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the utterly in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"It's what dementors do to those they wish to destroy utterly"
- To understand the meaning of utterly, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
UTTERLY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
UTTERLY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "UTTERLY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Follow it utterly"
- This term utterly was used by Ralph Waldo Emerson in the Poem Give all to love.
"Whence all good things have perished utterly"
- This term utterly was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem E tenebris.
"Caught her brown limbs and slew her utterly"
- This term utterly was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem Ave maria gratia plena.