Meaning of UGLY in Hindi
Meaning of ugly in Hindi
Meaning of UGLY in English
- Offensive to the sight; contrary to beauty; being of disagreeable or loathsome aspect; unsightly; repulsive; deformed.
- Ill-natured; crossgrained; quarrelsome; as, an ugly temper; to feel ugly.
- Unpleasant; disagreeable; likely to cause trouble or loss; as, an ugly rumor; an ugly customer.
- A shade for the face, projecting from the bonnet.
- To make ugly.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of UGLY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word UGLY
"Instead of roots, a small, muddy, and extremely ugly baby popped out of the earth"
- The word/phrase 'ugly' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"It was quite as ugly as the old one"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the ugly in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"There was an ugly sort of wardrobe to his left, full of the teachers' cloaks"
- To understand the meaning of ugly, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
UGLY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "UGLY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"There i lay waiting in the sun, dull and chipped and ugly"
- This term ugly was used by Vannessa Thibodeau in the Poem Love poem.
"Sat iagoo, old and ugly"
- This term ugly was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"Chase hence the ugly night"
- This term ugly was used by William Drummond in the Poem Invocation.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary