Meaning of TURKEY in Hindi
Meaning of turkey in Hindi
Meaning of TURKEY in English
- An empire in the southeast of europe and southwest of asia.
- Any large american gallinaceous bird belonging to the genus meleagris, especially the north american wild turkey (meleagris gallopavo), and the domestic turkey, which was probably derived from the mexican wild turkey, but had been domesticated by the indians long before the discovery of america.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of TURKEY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word TURKEY
"Flaming christmas puddings followed the turkey"
- The word/phrase 'turkey' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"There was a couple of big wild-turkey-wing fans spread out behind those things"
- 'Mark Twain' has used the turkey in the novel The adventures of huckleberry finn.
"Then the downstairs masha brought in the turkey, the pickled apples and the gooseberries"
- To understand the meaning of turkey, please see the following usage by Anton Chekhov in The stories of anton chekhov.
TURKEY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "TURKEY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"With his fan of turkey-feathers"
- This term turkey was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"By the turkey who lives on the hill"
- This term turkey was used by Edward Lear in the Poem The owl and the pussycat.
"Glossy turkey swells"
- This term turkey was used by Gaynor Borade in the Poem Winter dreams.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें