Meaning of TREMENDOUS in Hindi
Meaning of tremendous in Hindi
- भयंकर(Pr. Bhayankar)
- डरावना(Pr. Daravana daraavanaa darawana)
- अति दारूण(Pr. Ati darun ati daaroon)
- अतिबृहत(Pr. Atibrihat)
- अद्भुत(Pr. Adbhut)
- आश्चर्यजनक(Pr. Aashcharyajanak aashcharyazanak)
- ज़बर्दस्त(Pr. Zabardast jabardast)
- भीषण(Pr. Bhishan bheeshan)
- अत्यधिक(Pr. Atyadhik)
- विस्तृत(Pr. Vistrit wistrit)
- विशाल(Pr. Vishal vishaal wishal)
- जबरदस्त(Pr. Jabaradast zabaradast)
Meaning of TREMENDOUS in English
- Fitted to excite fear or terror; such as may astonish or terrify by its magnitude, force, or violence; terrible; dreadful; as, a tremendous wind; a tremendous shower; a tremendous shock or fall.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of TREMENDOUS, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word TREMENDOUS
"I maintain it in spite of the tremendous gravitation of all things"
- The word/phrase 'tremendous' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'Sadhana'.
"This tremendous detail was to be cleared up at last"
- 'F. Scott Fitzgerald' has used the tremendous in the novel The great gatsby.
"Its power is tremendous"
- To understand the meaning of tremendous, please see the following usage by Anton Chekhov in The stories of anton chekhov.
TREMENDOUS usage in Proverbs/Idioms
TREMENDOUS has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "TREMENDOUS": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Tremendous is her grasp and absorption level! on many occasions"
- This term tremendous was used by Srimathi Raman in the Poem Live wire!!! - poem.
- This term tremendous was used by Srimathi Raman in the Poem Cleverness galore!!!.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary