Meaning of TOWARDS in Hindi
Meaning of towards in Hindi
Meaning of TOWARDS in English
- In the direction of; to.
- With direction to, in a moral sense; with respect or reference to; regarding; concerning.
- Tending to; in the direction of; in behalf of.
- Near; about; approaching to.
- Near; at hand; in state of preparation.
- See toward.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of TOWARDS, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word TOWARDS
"Talk broke out at once as people began moving towards the entrance hall"
- The word/phrase 'towards' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the half blood prince'.
"I must confess that, at first, i thought he seemed ill-disposed towards divination"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the towards in the novel Harry potter and the half blood prince.
"Til do it,' snarled greyback, moving towards dumbledore with his hands outstretched, his teeth bared"
- To understand the meaning of towards, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the half blood prince.
TOWARDS usage in Proverbs/Idioms
TOWARDS has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "TOWARDS": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And every hour a step towards thee..."
- This term towards was used by Henry King, Bishop of Chichester in the Poem Exequy on his wife.
"And towards our distant rest began to trudge"
- This term towards was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem Dulce et decorum est.
"But spat towards him and hissed"
- This term towards was used by Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lord Macaulay in the Poem Horatius.
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें