Meaning of THING in Hindi
Meaning of thing in Hindi
- गुण(Pr. gun)
- जीव(Pr. jiv jeev ziw)
- वस्तु(Pr. vastu wastu)
- समस्या(Pr. samasya samasyaa)
- काम(Pr. kam kaam)
- कार्य(Pr. kary kaary)
- घृणा(Pr. ghrina ghrinaa)
- निजी सम्पति(Pr. niji sampati nijee sampati nizi sampati)
- परिस्थिति(Pr. paristhiti)
- बेचारा(Pr. bechara bechaaraa)
- मामला(Pr. mamala maamalaa)
- विषय(Pr. vishay wishay)
- न्या(Pr. सभा - nyay-sabha nyaay-sabhaa)
- कपड़ा(Pr. kapada kapadaa)
- चीज़(Pr. chiz cheez chij)
- द्रव्य(Pr. dravy drawy)
- विचार(Pr. vichar vichaar wichar)
- कुछ(Pr. kuchh)
- कारण(Pr. karan kaaran)
- घटना(Pr. ghatana ghatanaa)
- सम्पत्ति(Pr. sampatti)
- चीज(Pr. chij cheej chiz)
- पदार्थ(Pr. padarth padaarth)
- बात(Pr. bat baat)
- व्यक्ति(Pr. vyakti wyakti)
Meaning of THING in English
- An inanimate object, in distinction from a living being; any lifeless material.
- A diminutive or slighted object; any object viewed as merely existing;
- In Scandinavian countries, a legislative or judicial assembly.
- Clothes; furniture; appurtenances; luggage; as, to pack or store one's things.
- Whatever exists, or is conceived to exist, as a separate entity, whether animate or inanimate; any separable or distinguishable object of thought.
- A transaction or occurrence; an event; a deed.
- A portion or part; something.
- Whatever may be possessed or owned; a property;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of THING, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word THING
"It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."
- The word/phrase 'thing' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"He caught that thing in his hand after a fifty-foot dive, Professor McGonagall told Wood."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the thing in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"You may ask me one more thing, however."
- To understand the meaning of thing, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
THING usage in Proverbs/Idioms
THING has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "THING": Examples from famous English Poetry
"One thing is surely true, my dear;"
- This term thing was used by Priya Shroff in the Poem Love Poem.
"In this confusion only one thing is certain."
- This term thing was used by Petyr BottiAnderson in the Poem Love Poem.
"Still the first thing he beheld there"
- This term thing was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें