Meaning of THING in Hindi
Meaning of thing in Hindi
- वस्तु(Pr. Vastu wastu)
- चीज(Pr. Chij cheej chiz)
- पदार्थ(Pr. Padarth padaarth)
- काम(Pr. Kam kaam)
- बात(Pr. Bat baat)
- विषय(Pr. Vishay wishay)
- कुछ(Pr. Kuchh)
- बेचारा(Pr. Bechara bechaaraa)
- कारण(Pr. Karan kaaran)
- व्यक्ति(Pr. Vyakti wyakti)
- कार्य(Pr. Kary kaary)
- विचार(Pr. Vichar vichaar wichar)
- घटना(Pr. Ghatana ghatanaa)
- मामला(Pr. Mamala maamalaa)
- सम्पत्ति(Pr. Sampatti)
- समस्या(Pr. Samasya samasyaa)
- जीव(Pr. Jiv jeev ziw)
- गुण(Pr. Gun)
- चीज़(Pr. Chiz cheez chij)
- कपड़ा(Pr. Kapada kapadaa)
- परिस्थिति(Pr. Paristhiti)
- घृणा(Pr. Ghrina ghrinaa)
- द्रव्य(Pr. Dravy drawy)
- निजी सम्पति(Pr. Niji sampati nijee sampati nizi sampati)
- न्या(Pr. सभा - Nyay-sabha nyaay-sabhaa)
Meaning of THING in English
- Whatever exists, or is conceived to exist, as a separate entity, whether animate or inanimate; any separable or distinguishable object of thought.
- An inanimate object, in distinction from a living being; any lifeless material.
- A transaction or occurrence; an event; a deed.
- A portion or part; something.
- A diminutive or slighted object; any object viewed as merely existing;
- Clothes; furniture; appurtenances; luggage; as, to pack or store one's things.
- Whatever may be possessed or owned; a property;
- In scandinavian countries, a legislative or judicial assembly.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of THING, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word THING
"It's that stupid thing longbottom's gran sent him"
- The word/phrase 'thing' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"He caught that thing in his hand after a fifty-foot dive, professor mcgonagall told wood"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the thing in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"You may ask me one more thing, however"
- To understand the meaning of thing, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
THING usage in Proverbs/Idioms
THING has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "THING": Examples from famous English Poetry
"One thing is surely true, my dear;"
- This term thing was used by Priya Shroff in the Poem Love poem.
"In this confusion only one thing is certain"
- This term thing was used by Petyr BottiAnderson in the Poem Love poem.
"Still the first thing he beheld there"
- This term thing was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary