Meaning of TENOR in Hindi
Meaning of tenor in Hindi
- प्रवृति(Pr. pravriti prawriti)
- स्वरूप(Pr. svarup svaroop swarup)
- अभिप्रायः(Pr. abhiprayah abhipraayah)
- सरणि(Pr. sarani)
- ऊंचे सुर से गाने वाला(Pr. unche sur se gane vala oonche sur se gane vaalaa unche sur se gane wala)
- ढब(Pr. dhab)
- उच्च स्वर(Pr. uchch svar uchch swar)
- क्रम(Pr. kram)
- गाने का सुर(Pr. gane ka sur gane kaa sur)
- तात्पर्य(Pr. tatpary taatpary)
- भावार्थ(Pr. bhavarth bhaavaarth bhawarth)
- औसत प्रतिशत(Pr. ausat pratishat)
- उच्च स्वर से गाने वाला(Pr. uchch svar se gane vala uchch svar se gane vaalaa uchch swar se gane wala)
- चाल(Pr. chal chaal)
- दिशा(Pr. disha dishaa)
- अभिप्राय(Pr. abhipray abhipraay)
- आशय(Pr. aashay)
- उच्च स्वर में गाया जाने वाला हिस्सा(Pr. uchch svar men gaya jane vala hissa uchch svar men gaayaa jane vaalaa hissaa uchch swar men gaya zane wala hissa)
- गति(Pr. gati)
Meaning of TENOR in English
- The higher of the two kinds of voices usually belonging to adult males; hence, the part in the harmony adapted to this voice; the second of the four parts in the scale of sounds, reckoning from the base, and originally the air, to which the other parts were auxillary.
- A person who sings the tenor, or the instrument that play it.
- A state of holding on in a continuous course; manner of continuity; constant mode; general tendency; course; career.
- That course of thought which holds on through a discourse; the general drift or course of thought; purport; intent; meaning; understanding.
- Stamp; character; nature.
- An exact copy of a writing, set forth in the words and figures of it. It differs from purport, which is only the substance or general import of the instrument.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of TENOR, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word TENOR
"His speaking voice, a gruff husky tenor, added to the impression of fractiousness he conveyed."
- The word/phrase 'tenor' was used by 'F. Scott Fitzgerald' in 'The Great Gatsby'.
"He spoke in an ingratiating tenor, continually coughing."
- 'Anton Chekhov' has used the tenor in the novel The Stories of Anton Chekhov.
TENOR has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "TENOR": Examples from famous English Poetry
"They kept the noiseless tenor of their way."
- This term tenor was used by Thomas Gray in the Poem Elegy written in a Country Churchyard.
"Your string could soone to sadder tenor turne,"
- This term tenor was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें