Meaning of TAME in Hindi
Meaning of tame in Hindi
- पाला हुआ(Pr. Pala hu paalaa huaa)
- पालतू(Pr. Palatu paalatoo)
- घरेलू(Pr. Gharelu ghareloo)
- अधीन(Pr. Adhin adheen)
- सीधा(Pr. Sidha seedhaa)
- साहसहीन(Pr. Sahasahin sahasaheen)
- फीका(Pr. Phika pheekaa fika)
- नीरस(Pr. Niras neeras)
- दब्बू(Pr. Dabbu dabboo)
- साधना(Pr. Sadhana saadhanaa)
- वश करना(Pr. Vash karana vash karanaa wash karana)
- पालतू बनाना(Pr. Palatu banana paalatoo bananaa)
- पालना(Pr. Palana paalanaa)
- दबाना(Pr. Dabana dabanaa)
- वश में करना(Pr. Vash men karana vash men karanaa wash men karana)
- अनुकूल बनाना(Pr. Anukul banana anukool bananaa)
- उपयोगी बनाना(Pr. Upayogi banana upayogee bananaa)
- नरम बनाना(Pr. Naram banana naram bananaa)
- सौम्य(Pr. Saumy)
- शान्त(Pr. Shant)
- निर्जीव(Pr. Nirjiv nirjeev nirziw)
Meaning of TAME in English
- To broach or enter upon; to taste, as a liquor; to divide; to distribute; to deal out.
- Reduced from a state of native wildness and shyness; accustomed to man; domesticated; domestic; as, a tame deer, a tame bird.
- Crushed; subdued; depressed; spiritless.
- Deficient in spirit or animation; spiritless; dull; flat; insipid; as, a tame poem; tame scenery.
- To reduce from a wild to a domestic state; to make gentle and familiar; to reclaim; to domesticate; as, to tame a wild beast.
- To subdue; to conquer; to repress; as, to tame the pride or passions of youth.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of TAME, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word TAME
"Maybe being a prefect seems a bit tame after that"
- The word/phrase 'tame' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the half blood prince'.
"You could tame it"
- 'Mark Twain' has used the tame in the novel The adventures of huckleberry finn.
"He seems tame and terrified enough"
- To understand the meaning of tame, please see the following usage by George Eliot in Middlemarch.
TAME has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "TAME": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And that was a tame one he had of his own"
- This term tame was used by Lewis Carroll in the Poem The hunting of the snark.
"Once have i seen them gentle, tame, and meek"
- This term tame was used by Sir Thomas Wyatt in the Poem Vixi puellis nuper idoneus....
"And wild for to hold, though i seem tame"
- This term tame was used by Sir Thomas Wyatt in the Poem Whoso list to hunt.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें