Meaning of SYMPATHY in Hindi
Meaning of sympathy in Hindi
- तरस taras
- सहमति sahamati
- सहानुभूति अनुकम्पा sahanubhuti anukampa sahanubhooti anukampaa
- सहानूभूति sahanubhuti sahanoobhooti
- समर्थन samarthan
- अनुकम्पा anukampa anukampaa
- दया daya dayaa
- सहानुभूति sahanubhuti sahanubhooti
- हमदर्दी hamadardi hamadardee
- समवेदना samavedana samavedanaa samawedana
- मेल mel
- संवेदना sanvedana sanvedanaa sanwedana
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of SYMPATHY in English
- An agreement of affections or inclinations, or a conformity of natural temperament, which causes persons to be pleased, or in accord, with one another; as, there is perfect sympathy between them.
- Kindness of feeling toward one who suffers; pity; commiseration; compassion.
- The reciprocal influence exercised by the various organs or parts of the body on one another, as manifested in the transmission of a disease by unknown means from one organ to another quite remote, or in the influence exerted by a diseased condition of one part on another part or organ, as in the vomiting produced by a tumor of the brain.
- Feeling corresponding to that which another feels; the quality of being affected by the affection of another, with feelings correspondent in kind, if not in degree; fellow-feeling.
- That relation which exists between different persons by which one of them produces in the others a state or condition like that of himself. This is shown in the tendency to yawn which a person often feels on seeing another yawn, or the strong inclination to become hysteric experienced by many women on seeing another person suffering with hysteria.
- A tendency of inanimate things to unite, or to act on each other; as, the sympathy between the loadstone and iron.
- Similarity of function, use office, or the like.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SYMPATHY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SYMPATHY
"He had rarely felt more in sympathy with the society Hermione had set up, S."
- The word/phrase 'sympathy' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince'.
"He speaks very little English, but he is in sympathy with the Dark Lord’s aims."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the sympathy in the novel Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.
"Hermione and a few of the other girls let out squeaks of fear and sympathy."
- To understand the meaning of sympathy, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix Book.
SYMPATHY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SYMPATHY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"The music that her echo is and beauty's sympathy:"
- This term sympathy was used by Thomas Campion in the Poem Devotion.
"By silent sympathy."
- This term sympathy was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem Lucy.
"In the primal sympathy"
- This term sympathy was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem Ode.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें