Meaning of SYLLABLE in Hindi
Meaning of syllable in Hindi
Meaning of SYLLABLE in English
- An elementary sound, or a combination of elementary sounds, uttered together, or with a single effort or impulse of the voice, and constituting a word or a part of a word. in other terms, it is a vowel or a diphtong, either by itself or flanked by one or more consonants, the whole produced by a single impulse or utterance. one of the liquids, l, m, n, may fill the place of a vowel in a syllable. adjoining syllables in a word or phrase need not to be marked off by a pause, but only by such an abatement and renewal, or reenforcement, of the stress as to give the feeling of separate impulses. see guide to pronunciation, /275.
- In writing and printing, a part of a word, separated from the rest, and capable of being pronounced by a single impulse of the voice. it may or may not correspond to a syllable in the spoken language.
- A small part of a sentence or discourse; anything concise or short; a particle.
- To pronounce the syllables of; to utter; to articulate.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SYLLABLE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SYLLABLE
"Not a bit i don't believe in a syllable of it"
- The word/phrase 'syllable' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The king of the dark chamber'.
Usage of "SYLLABLE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"This i sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing"
- This term syllable was used by Edgar Allan Poe in the Poem The raven.
"Every little syllable stabbed at my heart"
- This term syllable was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem The storm - poem.
"I will not scream another syllable"
- This term syllable was used by Katie Beckham in the Poem No longer - poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें