Meaning of SYLLABLE in Hindi
Meaning of syllable in Hindi
Meaning of SYLLABLE in English
- An elementary sound, or a combination of elementary sounds, uttered together, or with a single effort or impulse of the voice, and constituting a word or a part of a word. In other terms, it is a vowel or a diphtong, either by itself or flanked by one or more consonants, the whole produced by a single impulse or utterance. One of the liquids, l, m, n, may fill the place of a vowel in a syllable. Adjoining syllables in a word or phrase need not to be marked off by a pause, but only by such an abatement and renewal, or reenforcement, of the stress as to give the feeling of separate impulses. See Guide to Pronunciation, /275.
- A small part of a sentence or discourse; anything concise or short; a particle.
- To pronounce the syllables of; to utter; to articulate.
- In writing and printing, a part of a word, separated from the rest, and capable of being pronounced by a single impulse of the voice. It may or may not correspond to a syllable in the spoken language.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SYLLABLE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SYLLABLE
"Not a bit I don't believe in a syllable of it."
- The word/phrase 'syllable' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The King Of The Dark Chamber'.
Usage of "SYLLABLE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing"
- This term syllable was used by Edgar Allan Poe in the Poem The Raven.
"Every little syllable stabbed at my heart,"
- This term syllable was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem The Storm - Poem.
"I will not scream another syllable."
- This term syllable was used by Katie Beckham in the Poem No Longer - Poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें