Meaning of SWEAR in Hindi
Meaning of swear in Hindi
- गाली देना gali dena gaalee denaa
- शपथ दिलाना shapath dilana shapath dilanaa
- शपथपूर्वक कहना shapathapurvak kahana shapathapoorvak kahanaa shapathapurwak kahana
- दृढ़तापूर्वक कहना dridhatapurvak kahana dridhataapoorvak kahanaa dridhatapurwak kahana
- वचन देना vachan dena vachan denaa wachan dena
- शपथ लेना shapath lena shapath lenaa
- कसम kasam
- पूरा भरोसा रखना pura bharosa rakhana pooraa bharosaa rakhanaa
- शपथ देना shapath dena shapath denaa
- सौगन्ध खाना saugandh khana saugandh khanaa
- कसम खाना kasam khana kasam khanaa
- शपथ करना shapath karana shapath karanaa
- शपथ से वर्णन करना shapath se varnan karana shapath se varnan karanaa shapath se warnan karana
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of SWEAR in English
- To affirm or utter a solemn declaration, with an appeal to God for the truth of what is affirmed; to make a promise, threat, or resolve on oath; also, to affirm solemnly by some sacred object, or one regarded as sacred, as the Bible, the Koran, etc.
- To utter or affirm with a solemn appeal to God for the truth of the declaration; to make (a promise, threat, or resolve) under oath.
- To put to an oath; to cause to take an oath; to administer an oath to;
- To declare or charge upon oath; as, he swore treason against his friend.
- To give evidence on oath; as, to swear to the truth of a statement; he swore against the prisoner.
- To make an appeal to God in an irreverant manner; to use the name of God or sacred things profanely; to call upon God in imprecation; to curse.
- To appeal to by an oath.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SWEAR, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SWEAR
"Give me a reason to do it, and I swear I will."
- The word/phrase 'swear' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban'.
"That's all, I swear."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the swear in the novel Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.
"Professor McGonagall made me swear I wouldn't tell anyone."
- To understand the meaning of swear, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.
SWEAR usage in Proverbs/Idioms
SWEAR has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SWEAR": Examples from famous English Poetry
"But swear by Thyself that at my death Thy Son"
- This term swear was used by John Donne in the Poem A Hymn to God the Father.
- This term swear was used by John Donne in the Poem Song.
"Let us swear an oath, and keep it with an equal mind,"
- This term swear was used by Alfred Tennyson, Lord Tennyson in the Poem Song of the Lotos-Eaters.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें