Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SWEAR, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SWEAR
"Give me a reason to do it, and i swear i will"
- The word/phrase 'swear' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban'.
"That's all, i swear"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the swear in the novel Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
"Professor mcgonagall made me swear i wouldn't tell anyone"
- To understand the meaning of swear, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
SWEAR usage in Proverbs/Idioms
SWEAR has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SWEAR": Examples from famous English Poetry
"But swear by thyself that at my death thy son"
- This term swear was used by John Donne in the Poem A hymn to god the father.
- This term swear was used by John Donne in the Poem Song.
"Let us swear an oath, and keep it with an equal mind"
- This term swear was used by Alfred Tennyson, Lord Tennyson in the Poem Song of the lotos-eaters.