Meaning of SWAN in Hindi
Meaning of swan in Hindi
Meaning of SWAN in English
- Any one of numerous species of large aquatic birds belonging to Cygnus, Olor, and allied genera of the subfamily Cygninae. They have a large and strong beak and a long neck, and are noted for their graceful movements when swimming. Most of the northern species are white. In literature the swan was fabled to sing a melodious song, especially at the time of its death.
- The constellation Cygnus.
- Fig.: An appellation for a sweet singer, or a poet noted for grace and melody; as Shakespeare is called the swan of Avon.
- State Wide Area Network
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SWAN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SWAN
"And I like them blond, with a certain gait, and a swan neck."
- The word/phrase 'swan' was used by 'George Eliot' in 'Middlemarch'.
SWAN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SWAN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Doted on a silver swan;"
- This term swan was used by John Fletcher in the Poem Hear, ye Ladies.
"Passed the swan, the Mahnahbezee,"
- This term swan was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
"Where many a swan doth swymme with wyngis fair;"
- This term swan was used by William Dunbar in the Poem In Honour of the City of London.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें