Meaning of SUN in Hindi
Meaning of sun in Hindi
- सूर्य(Pr. sury soory)
- सूरज(Pr. suraj sooraj suraz)
- आदित्य(Pr. aadity)
- धूप(Pr. dhup dhoop)
- आतप(Pr. aatap)
- रवि(Pr. ravi rawi)
- सुर्य(Pr. sury)
- धूप खाना(Pr. dhup khana dhoop khanaa)
- धूप में रखना(Pr. dhup men rakhana dhoop men rakhanaa)
- धूप दिखाना(Pr. dhup dikhana dhoop dikhanaa)
- धूप सेंकना(Pr. dhup senkana dhoop senkanaa)
- धूप में बैठना(Pr. dhup men baithana dhoop men baithanaa)
- दिनकर(Pr. dinakar)
Meaning of SUN in English
- See Sunn.
- The luminous orb, the light of which constitutes day, and its absence night; the central body round which the earth and planets revolve, by which they are held in their orbits, and from which they receive light and heat. Its mean distance from the earth is about 92,500,000 miles, and its diameter about 860,000.
- Any heavenly body which forms the center of a system of orbs.
- The direct light or warmth of the sun; sunshine.
- That which resembles the sun, as in splendor or importance; any source of light, warmth, or animation.
- To expose to the sun's rays; to warm or dry in the sun; as, to sun cloth; to sun grain.
- Sun Microsystems Inc
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SUN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SUN
"The sun shone brightly on a stack of cauldrons outside the nearest shop."
- The word/phrase 'sun' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"The Remembrall glittered in the sun as he held it up."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the sun in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"The sun blazed overhead, burning the back of his neck."
- To understand the meaning of sun, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
SUN usage in Proverbs/Idioms
SUN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SUN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"You are the shine when there is no sun"
- This term sun was used by Brett Coulter in the Poem Love Poem.
"My eyes when I watch the sun setting over the sea,"
- This term sun was used by Written and owned by Wg Williams in the Poem Love Poem.
"You are my sun in the sky."
- This term sun was used by Rick Martens in the Poem Love Poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें