Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SUBTLE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SUBTLE
"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potionmaking, he began"
- The word/phrase 'subtle' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Something subtle about her being transfigured her"
- 'Gustave Flaubert' has used the subtle in the novel Madame bovary.
"That mysterious change is too subtle and too gradual to be measured by dates"
- To understand the meaning of subtle, please see the following usage by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in The complete sherlock holmes.
SUBTLE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
SUBTLE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SUBTLE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"The enchanting glow in your subtle eyes"
- This term subtle was used by Cody Graham in the Poem Love poem.
"Girls' waists are, or how warm their subtle hands"
- This term subtle was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem Disabled.
"They know not well the subtle ways"
- This term subtle was used by Ralph Waldo Emerson in the Poem Brahma.