Meaning of STUB in Hindi
Meaning of stub in Hindi
- डूंड(Pr. Dund doond)
- ठूंठ(Pr. Thunth thoonth)
- टुकड़ा(Pr. Tukada tukadaa)
- ठूँठ(Pr. Thunth thoonth)
- टुर्रा(Pr. Turra turraa)
- जड खोदना(Pr. Jad khodana jad khodanaa zad khodana)
- ठूंठ निकालना(Pr. Thunth nikalana thoonth nikaalanaa)
- बुझाना(Pr. Bujhana bujhanaa buzhana)
- उखाड़ना(Pr. Ukhadana ukhaadanaa)
- चोट लगाना(Pr. Chot lagana chot laganaa)
- झाड(Pr. झंखाड़ उखाड़ कर साफ़ करना - Jhad-jhankhad ukhad kar saf karana jhaad-jhankhaad ukhaad kar saaf karanaa zhad-zhankhad ukhad kar saph karana)
- जड़ खोदना(Pr. Jad khodana jad khodanaa zad khodana)
- टोंटा(Pr. Tonta tontaa)
- स्थूण(Pr. Sthun sthoon)
Meaning of STUB in English
- The stump of a tree; that part of a tree or plant which remains fixed in the earth when the stem is cut down;
- A log; a block; a blockhead.
- The short blunt part of anything after larger part has been broken off or used up; hence, anything short and thick; as, the stub of a pencil, candle, or cigar.
- A part of a leaf in a check book, after a check is torn out, on which the number, amount, and destination of the check are usually recorded.
- A pen with a short, blunt nib.
- A stub nail; an old horseshoe nail; also, stub iron.
- To grub up by the roots; to extirpate; as, to stub up edible roots.
- To remove stubs from; as, to stub land.
- To strike as the toes, against a stub, stone, or other fixed object.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of STUB, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word STUB
"But, dear me! this cigarette stub is certainly remarkable"
- The word/phrase 'stub' was used by 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' in 'The complete sherlock holmes'.
Usage of "STUB": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Rejoice in what they say!years burn life down to a stub;christmas comes and goes"
- This term stub was used by Christmas Carol
Medley.Traditional. Sequenced by Bill Basham at in the Poem Merry christmas to my love.
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary