Meaning of STRAIGHT in Hindi
Meaning of straight in Hindi
- ऋजु(Pr. Riju rizu)
- सीधा(Pr. Sidha seedhaa)
- सोझा(Pr. Sojha sojhaa sozha)
- सरल(Pr. Saral)
- खडा(Pr. Khada khadaa)
- उचित(Pr. Uchit)
- खरा(Pr. Khara kharaa)
- निष्कपट(Pr. Nishkapat)
- ईमानदार का(Pr. Imanadar ka eemanadaar kaa)
- गंभीर(Pr. Ganbhir ganbheer)
- खड़ा(Pr. Khada khadaa)
- सीधी(Pr. Sidhi seedhee)
- सटीक(Pr. Satik sateek)
- विषमलिंगी(Pr. Vishamalingi vishamalingee wishamalingi)
- इमानदार(Pr. Emanadar emanadaar)
- झटपट(Pr. Jhatapat zhatapat)
- तुरन्त(Pr. Turant)
- लगातार(Pr. Lagatar lagaataar)
- सीधे(Pr. Sidhe seedhe)
- ठीक से(Pr. Thik se theek se)
- साफ तौर पर(Pr. Saph taur par saaph taur par saf taur par)
- सीधा भाग(Pr. Sidha bhag seedhaa bhaag)
Meaning of STRAIGHT in English
- A variant of strait, a.
- Right, in a mathematical sense; passing from one point to another by the nearest course; direct; not deviating or crooked; as, a straight line or course; a straight piece of timber.
- Approximately straight; not much curved; as, straight ribs are such as pass from the base of a leaf to the apex, with a small curve.
- Composed of cards which constitute a regular sequence, as the ace, king, queen, jack, and ten-spot; as, a straight hand; a straight flush.
- Conforming to justice and rectitude; not deviating from truth or fairness; upright; as, straight dealing.
- Unmixed; undiluted; as, to take liquor straight.
- Making no exceptions or deviations in one's support of the organization and candidates of a political party; as, a straight republican; a straight democrat; also, containing the names of all the regularly nominated candidates of a party and no others; as, a straight ballot.
- In a straight manner; directly; rightly; forthwith; immediately; as, the arrow went straight to the mark.
- A hand of five cards in consecutive order as to value; a sequence. when they are of one suit, it is calles straight flush.
- To straighten.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of STRAIGHT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word STRAIGHT
"All you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten"
- The word/phrase 'straight' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Ron wanted to skip herbology and go straight down to the hut"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the straight in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Never, said hagrid irritably, try an' get a straight answer out of a centaur"
- To understand the meaning of straight, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
STRAIGHT usage in Proverbs/Idioms
STRAIGHT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "STRAIGHT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Have two stars been taken straight from the sky"
- This term straight was used by Joshua Blackwelder in the Poem Love poem.
"Running straight across the heavens"
- This term straight was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"There, straight and tall, the hazel twig"
- This term straight was used by Walter Savage Landor in the Poem Alciphron and leucippe.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary