Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of STRAIGHT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word STRAIGHT
"All you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten"
- The word/phrase 'straight' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Ron wanted to skip herbology and go straight down to the hut"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the straight in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Never, said hagrid irritably, try an' get a straight answer out of a centaur"
- To understand the meaning of straight, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
STRAIGHT usage in Proverbs/Idioms
STRAIGHT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "STRAIGHT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Have two stars been taken straight from the sky"
- This term straight was used by Joshua Blackwelder in the Poem Love poem.
"Running straight across the heavens"
- This term straight was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"There, straight and tall, the hazel twig"
- This term straight was used by Walter Savage Landor in the Poem Alciphron and leucippe.