Meaning of STRAIGHT in Hindi
Meaning of straight in Hindi
- इमानदार(Pr. emanadar emanadaar)
- गंभीर(Pr. ganbhir ganbheer)
- सरल(Pr. saral)
- साफ तौर पर(Pr. saph taur par saaph taur par saf taur par)
- उचित(Pr. uchit)
- खड़ा(Pr. khada khadaa)
- सटीक(Pr. satik sateek)
- झटपट(Pr. jhatapat zhatapat)
- तुरन्त(Pr. turant)
- सोझा(Pr. sojha sojhaa sozha)
- खडा(Pr. khada khadaa)
- खरा(Pr. khara kharaa)
- निष्कपट(Pr. nishkapat)
- सीधा भाग(Pr. sidha bhag seedhaa bhaag)
- ईमानदार का(Pr. imanadar ka eemanadaar kaa)
- ऋजु(Pr. riju rizu)
- विषमलिंगी(Pr. vishamalingi vishamalingee wishamalingi)
- सीधी(Pr. sidhi seedhee)
- ठीक से(Pr. thik se theek se)
- लगातार(Pr. lagatar lagaataar)
- सीधा(Pr. sidha seedhaa)
- सीधे(Pr. sidhe seedhe)
Meaning of STRAIGHT in English
- A variant of Strait, a.
- Approximately straight; not much curved; as, straight ribs are such as pass from the base of a leaf to the apex, with a small curve.
- Composed of cards which constitute a regular sequence, as the ace, king, queen, jack, and ten-spot; as, a straight hand; a straight flush.
- Unmixed; undiluted; as, to take liquor straight.
- A hand of five cards in consecutive order as to value; a sequence. When they are of one suit, it is calles straight flush.
- To straighten.
- Making no exceptions or deviations in one's support of the organization and candidates of a political party; as, a straight Republican; a straight Democrat; also, containing the names of all the regularly nominated candidates of a party and no others; as, a straight ballot.
- Right, in a mathematical sense; passing from one point to another by the nearest course; direct; not deviating or crooked; as, a straight line or course; a straight piece of timber.
- Conforming to justice and rectitude; not deviating from truth or fairness; upright; as, straight dealing.
- In a straight manner; directly; rightly; forthwith; immediately; as, the arrow went straight to the mark.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of STRAIGHT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word STRAIGHT
"All you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten."
- The word/phrase 'straight' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"Ron wanted to skip Herbology and go straight down to the hut."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the straight in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"Never, said Hagrid irritably, try an' get a straight answer out of a centaur."
- To understand the meaning of straight, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
STRAIGHT usage in Proverbs/Idioms
STRAIGHT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "STRAIGHT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Have two stars been taken straight from the sky,"
- This term straight was used by Joshua Blackwelder in the Poem Love Poem.
"Running straight across the heavens,"
- This term straight was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
"There, straight and tall, the hazel twig"
- This term straight was used by Walter Savage Landor in the Poem Alciphron and Leucippe.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें