Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of STORY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word STORY
"Harry read the story again"
- The word/phrase 'story' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Harry and ron tried to look as though this story wasn't new to them"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the story in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"So - what's the story, harry said ron impatiently"
- To understand the meaning of story, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
STORY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
STORY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "STORY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"He the marvellous story-teller"
- This term story was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"I used to dream of story books"
- This term story was used by Tina Cerruti in the Poem Love poem.
"This little story;"
- This term story was used by Ben Jonson in the Poem Epitaph (ii).