Meaning of STILL in Hindi
Meaning of still in Hindi
- चुपचाप chupachap chupachaap
- शान्त shant
- अभी तक abhi tak abhee tak
- तथापि tathapi tathaapi
- सदा sada sadaa
- अभी भी abhi bhi abhee bhee
- खींचना khinchana kheenchanaa
- शांत हो जाना shant ho jana shaant ho janaa shant ho zana
- स्थिर करना sthir karana sthir karanaa
- निश्शब्द nishshabd
- शांत shant shaant
- जिसके पीछैं jisake pichhain jisake peechhain zisake pichhain
- तब भी tab bhi tab bhee
- फिर भी phir bhi phir bhee fir bhi
- भभका bhabhaka bhabhakaa
- चुप करना chup karana chup karanaa
- अवाक avak avaak awak
- अचल achal
- निःशब्द nihshabd
- स्थिर sthir
- और भी aur bhi aur bhee
- चुप chup
- निश्चल nishchal
- अचल चित्र achal chitr
- भट्ठी bhatthi bhatthee
- टपकाना tapakana tapakanaa
- शान्त करना shant karana shant karanaa
- मौन maun
- अधिक adhik
- तिस पर भी tis par bhi tis par bhee
- अर्क खींचने का डेग ark khinchane ka deg ark kheenchane kaa deg
- चुआना chuna chunaa
- दूर करना dur karana door karanaa
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of STILL in English
- To appease; to calm; to quiet, as tumult, agitation, or excitement; as, to still the passions.
- Motionless; at rest; quiet; as, to stand still; to lie or sit still.
- Not effervescing; not sparkling; as, still wines.
- A steep hill or ascent.
- In an increasing or additional degree; even more;
- To stop, as motion or agitation; to cause to become quiet, or comparatively quiet; to check the agitation of; as, to still the raging sea.
- A vessel, boiler, or copper used in the distillation of liquids; specifically, one used for the distillation of alcoholic liquors; a retort. The name is sometimes applied to the whole apparatus used in in vaporization and condensation.
- To expel spirit from by heat, or to evaporate and condense in a refrigeratory; to distill.
- Not disturbed by noise or agitation; quiet; calm; as, a still evening; a still atmosphere.
- In the future as now and before.
- To cause to fall by drops.
- Uttering no sound; silent; as, the audience is still; the animals are still.
- Comparatively quiet or silent; soft; gentle; low.
- Constant; continual.
- To this time; until and during the time now present; now no less than before; yet.
- In continuation by successive or repeated acts; always; ever; constantly; uniformly.
- After that; after what is stated.
- To stop, as noise; to silence.
- A house where liquors are distilled; a distillery.
- To drop, or flow in drops; to distill.
- Freedom from noise; calm; silence; as, the still of midnight.
- Notwithstanding what has been said or done; in spite of what has occured; nevertheless;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of STILL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word STILL
"He was still determined not to mention anything to his wife."
- The word/phrase 'still' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"The cat was still there."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the still in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"He did still look a bit sick, so Harry entered Madam Malkin's shop alone, feeling nervous."
- To understand the meaning of still, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
STILL usage in Proverbs/Idioms
STILL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें