Meaning of STILL in Hindi
Meaning of still in Hindi
- शान्त(Pr. Shant)
- स्थिर(Pr. Sthir)
- अचल(Pr. Achal)
- मौन(Pr. Maun)
- चुपचाप(Pr. Chupachap chupachaap)
- निःशब्द(Pr. Nihshabd)
- शांत(Pr. Shant shaant)
- निश्शब्द(Pr. Nishshabd)
- अभी तक(Pr. Abhi tak abhee tak)
- सदा(Pr. Sada sadaa)
- तिस पर भी(Pr. Tis par bhi tis par bhee)
- तथापि(Pr. Tathapi tathaapi)
- जिसके पीछैं(Pr. Jisake pichhain jisake peechhain zisake pichhain)
- अधिक(Pr. Adhik)
- फिर भी(Pr. Phir bhi phir bhee fir bhi)
- और भी(Pr. Aur bhi aur bhee)
- तब भी(Pr. Tab bhi tab bhee)
- भभका(Pr. Bhabhaka bhabhakaa)
- अर्क खींचने का डेग(Pr. Ark khinchane ka deg ark kheenchane kaa deg)
- भट्ठी(Pr. Bhatthi bhatthee)
- अभी भी(Pr. Abhi bhi abhee bhee)
- अचल चित्र(Pr. Achal chitr)
- चुप करना(Pr. Chup karana chup karanaa)
- स्थिर करना(Pr. Sthir karana sthir karanaa)
- शान्त करना(Pr. Shant karana shant karanaa)
- चुआना(Pr. Chuna chunaa)
- टपकाना(Pr. Tapakana tapakanaa)
- खींचना(Pr. Khinchana kheenchanaa)
- दूर करना(Pr. Dur karana door karanaa)
- शांत हो जाना(Pr. Shant ho jana shaant ho janaa shant ho zana)
- चुप(Pr. Chup)
- निश्चल(Pr. Nishchal)
- अवाक(Pr. Avak avaak awak)
Meaning of STILL in English
- Motionless; at rest; quiet; as, to stand still; to lie or sit still.
- Uttering no sound; silent; as, the audience is still; the animals are still.
- Not disturbed by noise or agitation; quiet; calm; as, a still evening; a still atmosphere.
- Comparatively quiet or silent; soft; gentle; low.
- Constant; continual.
- Not effervescing; not sparkling; as, still wines.
- Freedom from noise; calm; silence; as, the still of midnight.
- A steep hill or ascent.
- To this time; until and during the time now present; now no less than before; yet.
- In the future as now and before.
- In continuation by successive or repeated acts; always; ever; constantly; uniformly.
- In an increasing or additional degree; even more;
- Notwithstanding what has been said or done; in spite of what has occured; nevertheless;
- After that; after what is stated.
- To stop, as motion or agitation; to cause to become quiet, or comparatively quiet; to check the agitation of; as, to still the raging sea.
- To stop, as noise; to silence.
- To appease; to calm; to quiet, as tumult, agitation, or excitement; as, to still the passions.
- A vessel, boiler, or copper used in the distillation of liquids; specifically, one used for the distillation of alcoholic liquors; a retort. the name is sometimes applied to the whole apparatus used in in vaporization and condensation.
- A house where liquors are distilled; a distillery.
- To cause to fall by drops.
- To expel spirit from by heat, or to evaporate and condense in a refrigeratory; to distill.
- To drop, or flow in drops; to distill.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of STILL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word STILL
"He was still determined not to mention anything to his wife"
- The word/phrase 'still' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"The cat was still there"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the still in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"He did still look a bit sick, so harry entered madam malkin's shop alone, feeling nervous"
- To understand the meaning of still, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
STILL usage in Proverbs/Idioms
STILL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें