Meaning of STEAL in Hindi
Meaning of steal in Hindi
Meaning of STEAL in English
- A handle; a stale, or stele.
- To take and carry away, feloniously; to take without right or leave, and with intent to keep wrongfully; as, to steal the personal goods of another.
- To withdraw or convey clandestinely (reflexive); hence, to creep furtively, or to insinuate.
- To gain by insinuating arts or covert means.
- To get into one's power gradually and by imperceptible degrees; to take possession of by a gradual and imperceptible appropriation;
- To accomplish in a concealed or unobserved manner; to try to carry out secretly; as, to steal a look.
- To practice, or be guilty of, theft; to commit larceny or theft.
- To withdraw, or pass privily; to slip in, along, or away, unperceived; to go or come furtively.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of STEAL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word STEAL
"We think he was trying to steal whatever it's guarding"
- The word/phrase 'steal' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"But snape's trying to steal it"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the steal in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"When i failed to steal the stone from gringotts, he was most displeased"
- To understand the meaning of steal, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
STEAL usage in Proverbs/Idioms
STEAL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "STEAL": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Well sleep with clouds as pillows, maybe steal an angels wings"
- This term steal was used by Graeme King in the Poem Love poem.
"Smiles as of the morning steal"
- This term steal was used by William Blake in the Poem Cradle song.
"Come to steal this night away"
- This term steal was used by John Fletcher in the Poem Bridal song.
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary