Meaning of SOUTH in Hindi
Meaning of south in Hindi
Meaning of SOUTH in English
- That one of the four cardinal points directly opposite to the north; the region or direction to the right or direction to the right of a person who faces the east.
- A country, region, or place situated farther to the south than another; the southern section of a country.
- Specifically: that part of the united states which is south of mason and dixon's line. see under line.
- The wind from the south.
- Lying toward the south; situated at the south, or in a southern direction from the point of observation or reckoning; proceeding toward the south, or coming from the south; blowing from the south; southern; as, the south pole.
- Toward the south; southward.
- From the south; as, the wind blows south.
- To turn or move toward the south; to veer toward the south.
- To come to the meridian; to cross the north and south line;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SOUTH, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SOUTH
"And then she left the cousin's house to go south and see an aunt"
- The word/phrase 'south' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"The breeze of the south comes gently"
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the south in the novel The gardener.
"The night is the night of mid-may, the breeze is the breeze of the south"
- To understand the meaning of south, please see the following usage by Rabindranath Tagore in The gardener.
SOUTH has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SOUTH": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Gave the south to shawondasee"
- This term south was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"As a warm south-wind sombres a march grove"
- This term south was used by Coventry Patmore in the Poem Departure.
"The warm south wind would have awaked"
- This term south was used by Christina Georgina Rossetti in the Poem Bride song.
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary