Meaning of SLAUGHTER in Hindi
Meaning of slaughter in Hindi
- हत्या(Pr. Hatya hatyaa)
- वध(Pr. Vadh wadh)
- संहार(Pr. Sanhar sanhaar)
- काटना(Pr. Katana kaatanaa)
- बध(Pr. Badh)
- काट डालना(Pr. Kat dalana kaat daalanaa)
- बध करना(Pr. Badh karana badh karanaa)
- हत्या करना(Pr. Hatya karana hatyaa karanaa)
- वध करना(Pr. Vadh karana vadh karanaa wadh karana)
- मारना(Pr. Marana maaranaa)
- हराना(Pr. Harana haranaa)
Meaning of SLAUGHTER in English
- The act of killing.
- The extensive, violent, bloody, or wanton destruction of life; carnage.
- The act of killing cattle or other beasts for market.
- To visit with great destruction of life; to kill; to slay in battle.
- To butcher; to kill for the market, as beasts.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SLAUGHTER, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SLAUGHTER
"Between the warning of immediate slaughter and the promise of married bliss, she believed in neither"
- The word/phrase 'slaughter' was used by 'Toni Morrison' in 'A mercy'.
"Minchin and the trenchant assertion of mrs. dollop, the landlady of the tankard in slaughter lane"
- 'George Eliot' has used the slaughter in the novel Middlemarch.
"For reasons known or unknown to us, the french begin to drown and slaughter each other"
- To understand the meaning of slaughter, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in War and peace.
SLAUGHTER has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SLAUGHTER": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Music and roses burnt through crimson slaughter"
- This term slaughter was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem Conscious.
"Forbade to wade through slaughter to a throne"
- This term slaughter was used by Thomas Gray in the Poem Elegy written in a country churchyard.
"And cruel slaughter made"
- This term slaughter was used by Michael Drayton in the Poem Agincourt.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary