Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SLAUGHTER, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SLAUGHTER
"Between the warning of immediate slaughter and the promise of married bliss, she believed in neither"
- The word/phrase 'slaughter' was used by 'Toni Morrison' in 'A mercy'.
"Minchin and the trenchant assertion of mrs. dollop, the landlady of the tankard in slaughter lane"
- 'George Eliot' has used the slaughter in the novel Middlemarch.
"For reasons known or unknown to us, the french begin to drown and slaughter each other"
- To understand the meaning of slaughter, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in War and peace.
SLAUGHTER has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SLAUGHTER": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Music and roses burnt through crimson slaughter"
- This term slaughter was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem Conscious.
"Forbade to wade through slaughter to a throne"
- This term slaughter was used by Thomas Gray in the Poem Elegy written in a country churchyard.
"And cruel slaughter made"
- This term slaughter was used by Michael Drayton in the Poem Agincourt.