Meaning of SHRINK in Hindi
Meaning of shrink in Hindi
- सिकुडन(Pr. Sikudan)
- सिमटन(Pr. Simatan)
- झिझक(Pr. Jhijhak zhizhak)
- सिकुड़न(Pr. Sikudan)
- मनोविश्लेषक(Pr. Manovishleshak manowishleshak)
- मनश्चिकित्सक(Pr. Manashchikitsak)
- मनोरोग चिकित्सक(Pr. Manorog chikitsak)
- सिकुडना(Pr. Sikudana sikudanaa)
- हिचकना(Pr. Hichakana hichakanaa)
- पीछे हटना(Pr. Pichhe hatana peechhe hatanaa)
- सिकुडाना(Pr. Sikudana sikudanaa)
- झिझकना(Pr. Jhijhakana jhijhakanaa zhizhakana)
- अलग हो जाना(Pr. Alag ho jana alag ho janaa alag ho zana)
- घटना(Pr. Ghatana ghatanaa)
- सिकोड़ना(Pr. Sikodana sikodanaa)
- सिकुड़ना(Pr. Sikudana sikudanaa)
- सिकुड़न(Pr. Sikudan)
- संकोच करना(Pr. Sankoch karana sankoch karanaa)
- सहम कर पीछे हट जाना(Pr. Saham kar pichhe hat jana saham kar peechhe hat janaa saham kar pichhe hat zana)
- आसँकोचन होना(Pr. Aasankochan hona aasankochan honaa)
- खिसक जाना(Pr. Khisak jana khisak janaa khisak zana)
- संकुचन(Pr. Sankuchan)
- कतराना(Pr. Katarana kataranaa)
- सिकुड़ाना(Pr. Sikudana sikudanaa)
Meaning of SHRINK in English
- To wrinkle, bend, or curl; to shrivel; hence, to contract into a less extent or compass; to gather together; to become compacted.
- To withdraw or retire, as from danger; to decline action from fear; to recoil, as in fear, horror, or distress.
- To express fear, horror, or pain by contracting the body, or part of it; to shudder; to quake.
- To cause to contract or shrink; as, to shrink finnel by imersing it in boiling water.
- To draw back; to withdraw.
- The act shrinking; shrinkage; contraction; also, recoil; withdrawal.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SHRINK, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SHRINK
"Harry looked quickly over his shoulder and saw the archway shrink instantly back into solid wall"
- The word/phrase 'shrink' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Why would anyone bother making door keys shrink said george"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the shrink in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"If he has managed to produce a shrinking solution, it will shrink to a tadpole"
- To understand the meaning of shrink, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
SHRINK has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SHRINK": Examples from famous English Poetry
"May i ask for one night to shrink this land"
- This term shrink was used by Joshua Blackwelder in the Poem Love poem.
"Till they quite shrink in again"
- This term shrink was used by John Dryden in the Poem Ah, how sweet it is to love!.
"Shrink underneath the plaid;"
- This term shrink was used by Andrew Marvell in the Poem An horatian ode upon cromwell's return from ireland.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary