Meaning of SACRIFICE in Hindi
Meaning of sacrifice in Hindi
- धार्मिक संस्कार(Pr. dharmik sanskar dhaarmik sanskaar)
- धर्म सम्बन्धी विधि(Pr. dharm sambandhi vidhi dharm sambandhee vidhi dharm sambandhi widhi)
- ईसाई का जल संस्कार(Pr. isai ka jal sanskar eesaaee kaa jal sanskaar isai ka zal sanskar)
- प्रभुभोज(Pr. prabhubhoj prabhubhoz)
- यज्ञ(Pr. yagy)
- बलि(Pr. bali)
- बलिदान(Pr. balidan)
- त्याग(Pr. tyag tyaag)
- त्यागना(Pr. tyagana tyaaganaa)
- चढ़ावा(Pr. chadhava chadhaavaa chadhawa)
- कुरबानी(Pr. kurabani kurabanee)
- बलि देना(Pr. bali dena bali denaa)
- स्वार्थत्याग(Pr. svarthatyag svaarthatyaag swarthatyag)
- बलिदान देना(Pr. balidan dena balidan denaa)
- अर्पण करना(Pr. arpan karana arpan karanaa)
- खोना(Pr. khona khonaa)
- हानि सहना(Pr. hani sahana hani sahanaa)
- छोड देना(Pr. chhod dena chhod denaa)
- हानि उठाना(Pr. hani uthana hani uthanaa)
- नष्ट करना(Pr. nasht karana nasht karanaa)
- छोड़ देना(Pr. chhod dena chhod denaa)
- बलिदान करना(Pr. balidan karana balidan karanaa)
- परित्याग करना(Pr. parityag karana parityaag karanaa)
- बलि चढ़ाना(Pr. bali chadhana bali chadhanaa)
Meaning of SACRIFICE in English
- The offering of anything to God, or to a god; consecratory rite.
- Anything consecrated and offered to God, or to a divinity; an immolated victim, or an offering of any kind, laid upon an altar, or otherwise presented in the way of religious thanksgiving, atonement, or conciliation.
- Destruction or surrender of anything for the sake of something else; devotion of some desirable object in behalf of a higher object, or to a claim deemed more pressing; hence, also, the thing so devoted or given up; as, the sacrifice of interest to pleasure, or of pleasure to interest.
- A sale at a price less than the cost or the actual value.
- To make an offering of; to consecrate or present to a divinity by way of expiation or propitiation, or as a token acknowledgment or thanksgiving; to immolate on the altar of God, in order to atone for sin, to procure favor, or to express thankfulness; as, to sacrifice an ox or a sheep.
- Hence, to destroy, surrender, or suffer to be lost, for the sake of obtaining something; to give up in favor of a higher or more imperative object or duty; to devote, with loss or suffering.
- To destroy; to kill.
- To sell at a price less than the cost or the actual value.
- To make offerings to God, or to a deity, of things consumed on the altar; to offer sacrifice.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SACRIFICE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SACRIFICE
"A poor way to repay them -- gambling their sacrifice for a bag of magic tricks."
- The word/phrase 'sacrifice' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban'.
"His mother left upon him the traces other sacrifice."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the sacrifice in the novel Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
"My curse was deflected by the woman's foolish sacrifice, and it rebounded upon myself."
- To understand the meaning of sacrifice, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
SACRIFICE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
SACRIFICE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SACRIFICE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Like cattle herded for a sacrifice."
- This term sacrifice was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Don Juan in Hell.
"Her breath is the perfume of sacrifice;"
- This term sacrifice was used by Thomas Randolph in the Poem A Devout Lover.
"My heart 's the sacrifice, as 'tis the fuel;"
- This term sacrifice was used by John Dryden in the Poem Hidden Flame.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें