Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of SACRIFICE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word SACRIFICE
"A poor way to repay them -- gambling their sacrifice for a bag of magic tricks"
- The word/phrase 'sacrifice' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban'.
"His mother left upon him the traces other sacrifice"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the sacrifice in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"My curse was deflected by the woman's foolish sacrifice, and it rebounded upon myself"
- To understand the meaning of sacrifice, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
SACRIFICE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
SACRIFICE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "SACRIFICE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Like cattle herded for a sacrifice"
- This term sacrifice was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Don juan in hell.
"Her breath is the perfume of sacrifice;"
- This term sacrifice was used by Thomas Randolph in the Poem A devout lover.
"My heart 's the sacrifice, as 'tis the fuel;"
- This term sacrifice was used by John Dryden in the Poem Hidden flame.