Meaning of RYE in Hindi
Meaning of rye in Hindi
Meaning of RYE in English
- A grain yielded by a hardy cereal grass (secale cereale), closely allied to wheat; also, the plant itself. rye constitutes a large portion of the breadstuff used by man.
- A disease in a hawk.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of RYE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word RYE
"Before him lay a wide field covered with young rye not yet in blossom"
- The word/phrase 'rye' was used by 'Anton Chekhov' in 'The stories of anton chekhov'.
"Where the year before there had been rye the oats stood, reaped, and lay in rows"
- 'Anton Chekhov' has used the rye in the novel The stories of anton chekhov.
"He was saying you wouldn't know it from rye"
- To understand the meaning of rye, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in Anna karenina.
RYE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "RYE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Between the acres of the rye"
- This term rye was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem It was a lover and his lass.
"Yellow oats and brown wheat, barley pale as rye"
- This term rye was used by George Meredith in the Poem Love in the valley.
"Long fields of barley and of rye"
- This term rye was used by Alfred Tennyson, Lord Tennyson in the Poem The lady of shalott.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary