Meaning of REVERSE in Hindi
Meaning of reverse in Hindi
- उल्टा(Pr. Ulta ultaa)
- अभिशून्य करना(Pr. Abhishuny karana abhishoony karanaa)
- उलटा(Pr. Ulata ulataa)
- उलटा देना(Pr. Ulata dena ulataa denaa)
- उल्टा पल्ला(Pr. Ulta palla ultaa pallaa)
- तली(Pr. Tali talee)
- पट(Pr. Pat)
- पृष्ठ भाग(Pr. Prishth bhag prishth bhaag)
- विपत्ति(Pr. Vipatti wipatti)
- विपर्यय करना(Pr. Viparyay karana viparyay karanaa wiparyay karana)
- प्रतिकूल(Pr. Pratikul pratikool)
- पश्चात पृष्ठ के दूसरी ओर(Pr. Pashchat prishth ke dusari or pashchaat prishth ke doosaree or)
- रिवर्स(Pr. Rivars riwars)
- विपरीत(Pr. Viparit vipareet wiparit)
- संकट(Pr. Sankat)
- स्थानान्तरण करना(Pr. Sthanantaran karana sthanantaran karanaa)
- उलटना(Pr. Ulatana ulatanaa)
- उलट देना(Pr. Ulat dena ulat denaa)
- औंधा करना(Pr. Aundha karana aundhaa karanaa)
- पराजित करना(Pr. Parajit karana paraajit karanaa parazit karana)
- खण्डन करना(Pr. Khandan karana khandan karanaa)
- फिर से उठाना(Pr. Phir se uthana phir se uthanaa fir se uthana)
- उल्टा दिखना(Pr. Ulta dikhana ultaa dikhanaa)
- पीछे की ओर घूमाना(Pr. Pichhe ki or ghumana peechhe kee or ghoomanaa)
- पीछे की ओर चलना(Pr. Pichhe ki or chalana peechhe kee or chalanaa)
- बदल देना(Pr. Badal dena badal denaa)
- विपरीत भूमिका करना(Pr. Viparit bhumika karana vipareet bhoomikaa karanaa wiparit bhumika karana)
- पूर्णतया बदल देना(Pr. Purnataya badal dena poornatayaa badal denaa)
- प्रतिलोम(Pr. Pratilom)
Meaning of REVERSE in English
- Turned backward; having a contrary or opposite direction; hence; opposite or contrary in kind; as, the reverse order or method.
- Turned upside down; greatly disturbed.
- Reversed; as, a reverse shell.
- That which appears or is presented when anything, as a lance, a line, a course of conduct, etc., is reverted or turned contrary to its natural direction.
- That which is directly opposite or contrary to something else; a contrary; an opposite.
- The act of reversing; complete change; reversal; hence, total change in circumstances or character; especially, a change from better to worse; misfortune; a check or defeat; as, the enemy met with a reverse.
- The back side; as, the reverse of a drum or trench; the reverse of a medal or coin, that is, the side opposite to the obverse. see obverse.
- A thrust in fencing made with a backward turn of the hand; a backhanded stroke.
- A turn or fold made in bandaging, by which the direction of the bandage is changed.
- To turn back; to cause to face in a contrary direction; to cause to depart.
- To cause to return; to recall.
- To change totally; to alter to the opposite.
- To turn upside down; to invert.
- Hence, to overthrow; to subvert.
- To overthrow by a contrary decision; to make void; to under or annual for error; as, to reverse a judgment, sentence, or decree.
- To return; to revert.
- To become or be reversed.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of REVERSE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word REVERSE
"Unlike the ghosts around them, peeves the poltergeist was the very reverse of pale and transparent"
- The word/phrase 'reverse' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"The reverse spell effect said sirius sharply"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the reverse in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"All that would have happened is a kind of reverse echo"
- To understand the meaning of reverse, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
REVERSE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
REVERSE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "REVERSE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"That time cannot reverse"
- This term reverse was used by J.E. Deegan in the Poem Love poem.
"Retarding regret and refrain; our rookie raised and rightly took reverse step to pride regain"
- This term reverse was used by Gaynor Borade in the Poem Alliteration poems for teens - a rookie's relay.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary