Meaning of RETIRE in Hindi
Meaning of retire in Hindi
- अलग हो जाना(Pr. Alag ho jana alag ho janaa alag ho zana)
- हटना(Pr. Hatana hatanaa)
- पीछे हटना(Pr. Pichhe hatana peechhe hatanaa)
- सेव(Pr. निवृत्त होना - Seva-nivritt hona sevaa-nivritt honaa sewa-niwritt hona)
- सोने जाना(Pr. Sone jana sone janaa sone zana)
- अवकाश लेना(Pr. Avakash lena avakaash lenaa awakash lena)
- इस्तीफा देना(Pr. Estipha dena esteephaa denaa estifa dena)
- एकान्त में जाना(Pr. Ekant men jana ekant men janaa ekant men zana)
- निवृत्त होना(Pr. Nivritt hona nivritt honaa niwritt hona)
- सेवा निवृत्त होना(Pr. Seva nivritt hona sevaa nivritt honaa sewa niwritt hona)
- बाहर निकल जाना(Pr. Bahar nikal jana bahar nikal janaa bahar nikal zana)
- चला जाना(Pr. Chala jana chalaa janaa chala zana)
- चला जना(Pr. Chala jana chalaa janaa chala zana)
- सेवानिवृत्त होना(Pr. Sevanivritt hona sevanivritt honaa sewaniwritt hona)
- रिटायर होना(Pr. Ritayar hona ritaayar honaa)
- सेवानिवृति(Pr. Sevanivriti sewaniwriti)
Meaning of RETIRE in English
- To withdraw; to take away;
- To withdraw from circulation, or from the market; to take up and pay; as, to retire bonds; to retire a note.
- To cause to retire; specifically, to designate as no longer qualified for active service; to place on the retired list; as, to retire a military or naval officer.
- To go back or return; to draw back or away; to keep aloof; to withdraw or retreat, as from observation; to go into privacy; as, to retire to his home; to retire from the world, or from notice.
- To retreat from action or danger; to withdraw for safety or pleasure; as, to retire from battle.
- To withdraw from a public station, or from business; as, having made a large fortune, he retired.
- To recede; to fall or bend back; as, the shore of the sea retires in bays and gulfs.
- To go to bed; as, he usually retires early.
- The act of retiring, or the state of being retired; also, a place to which one retires.
- A call sounded on a bugle, announcing to skirmishers that they are to retire, or fall back.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of RETIRE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word RETIRE
"You will milk her before we retire, wormtail, said the second voice"
- The word/phrase 'retire' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"If it is against orders, it is i who should retire"
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the retire in the novel The home and the world.
"If i retire, i burn my ships"
- To understand the meaning of retire, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in Anna karenina.
RETIRE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "RETIRE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"I do retire"
- This term retire was used by Edward Fitzgerald in the Poem Old song.
"And if i tempt it will retire"
- This term retire was used by Thomas Lodge in the Poem Phillis ii.
"And when thy poppy works, thou dost retire"
- This term retire was used by Richard Lovelace in the Poem The grasshopper.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary