Meaning of REIN in Hindi
Meaning of rein in Hindi
- बागडोर(Pr. Bagador baagador)
- बाग(Pr. Bag baag)
- राज्य चलाने की नीति(Pr. Rajy chalane ki niti raajy chalane kee neeti razy chalane ki niti)
- अधिकार(Pr. Adhikar adhikaar)
- नियन्त्रण विधि(Pr. Niyantran vidhi niyantran widhi)
- लगाम(Pr. Lagam lagaam)
- बाग पर साधना(Pr. Bag par sadhana baag par saadhanaa)
- थामना(Pr. Thamana thaamanaa)
- रोकना(Pr. Rokana rokanaa)
- अधिकार में रखना(Pr. Adhikar men rakhana adhikaar men rakhanaa)
- लगाम चढ़ाना(Pr. Lagam chadhana lagaam chadhanaa)
- लगाम देना(Pr. Lagam dena lagaam denaa)
- लगाम खींचना(Pr. Lagam khinchana lagaam kheenchanaa)
- रास(Pr. Ras raas)
Meaning of REIN in English
- The strap of a bridle, fastened to the curb or snaffle on each side, by which the rider or driver governs the horse.
- Hence, an instrument or means of curbing, restraining, or governing; government; restraint.
- To govern or direct with the reins; as, to rein a horse one way or another.
- To restrain; to control; to check.
- To be guided by reins.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of REIN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word REIN
"A free rein at last"
- The word/phrase 'rein' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"I've given you free rein, always"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the rein in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"They rein in close"
- To understand the meaning of rein, please see the following usage by Toni Morrison in A mercy.
REIN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "REIN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"When first he feels the rein"
- This term rein was used by Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lord Macaulay in the Poem Horatius.
"Strain'd at subjection's bursting rein"
- This term rein was used by Sir Walter Scott in the Poem Patriotism.
"With saddle and spurs and a rein of gold"
- This term rein was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem The ballad of zacho.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary