Meaning of REGRET in Hindi
Meaning of regret in Hindi
- अफ़सोस afasos aphasos
- खेप्रकाशन - khed-prakashan khed-prakaashan
- दुख dukh
- खेद करना khed karana khed karanaa
- शोक करना shok karana shok karanaa
- पश्चाताप pashchatap pashchaataap
- खेप्रकट करना - khed-prakat karana khed-prakat karanaa
- पश्चात्ताप pashchattap pashchaattaap
- रञ्ज ranjj ranzz
- खेद प्रकट करना khed prakat karana khed prakat karanaa
- पछताना pachhatana pachhatanaa
- रञ्ज करना ranjj karana ranjj karanaa ranzz karana
- अफसोस aphasos afasos
- शोक shok
- खेद होना khed hona khed honaa
- खेद प्रकट करना (क्रि.) khed prakat karana (kri.) khed prakat karanaa (kri.)
- पछतावा pachhatava pachhataavaa pachhatawa
- पश्चाताप दुख pashchatap dukh pashchaataap dukh
- अफसोस करना aphasos karana aphasos karanaa afasos karana
- उदास होना udas hona udaas honaa
- दुःखी होना duhkhi hona duhkhee honaa
- पश्चात्ताप करना pashchattap karana pashchaattaap karanaa
- खेद khed
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of REGRET in English
- Pain of mind on account of something done or experienced in the past, with a wish that it had been different; a looking back with dissatisfaction or with longing; grief; sorrow; especially, a mourning on account of the loss of some joy, advantage, or satisfaction.
- Dislike; aversion.
- To experience regret on account of; to lose or miss with a sense of regret; to feel sorrow or dissatisfaction on account of (the happening or the loss of something); as, to regret an error; to regret lost opportunities or friends.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of REGRET, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word REGRET
"You can imagine how I -how I regret that now."
- The word/phrase 'regret' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban'.
"You'll regret it if you don't."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the regret in the novel Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.
"And I regret to say that your worries are not baseless."
- To understand the meaning of regret, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
REGRET has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "REGRET": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And though the present I regret,"
- This term regret was used by William Congreve in the Poem False though She be.
"Regret flows from the depths of my soul"
- This term regret was used by Daryl R. Swensson in the Poem Love Poem.
"Yet shall some tribute of regret be paid"
- This term regret was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem On the Extinction of the Venetian Republic, 1802.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें