Meaning of REGION in Hindi
Meaning of region in Hindi
Meaning of REGION in English
- One of the grand districts or quarters into which any space or surface, as of the earth or the heavens, is conceived of as divided; hence, in general, a portion of space or territory of indefinite extent; country; province; district; tract.
- Place; rank; station.
- The inhabitants of a district.
- Tract, part, or space, lying about and including anything; neighborhood; vicinity; sphere.
- The upper air; the sky; the heavens.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of REGION, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word REGION
"Man has every day to solve this problem of enlarging his region and adjusting his burdens."
- The word/phrase 'region' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'Sadhana'.
"In this region the region of nature it is his function to get things."
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the region in the novel Sadhana.
"For the region of the infinite is the region of unity."
- To understand the meaning of region, please see the following usage by Rabindranath Tagore in Sadhana.
REGION has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "REGION": Examples from famous English Poetry
"In that calm region where no night"
- This term region was used by Henry King, Bishop of Chichester in the Poem Exequy on his Wife.
"Of Cynthia's seat, the Airy region thrilling,"
- This term region was used by John Milton in the Poem Hymn on the Morning of Christ's Nativity.
"Whatever happy region is thy place,"
- This term region was used by John Dryden in the Poem Ode.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें