Meaning of RECTIFY in Hindi
Meaning of rectify in Hindi
Meaning of RECTIFY in English
- To make or set right; to correct from a wrong, erroneous, or false state; to amend; as, to rectify errors, mistakes, or abuses; to rectify the will, the judgment, opinions; to rectify disorders.
- To refine or purify by repeated distillation or sublimation, by which the fine parts of a substance are separated from the grosser; as, to rectify spirit of wine.
- To produce ( as factitious gin or brandy) by redistilling low wines or ardent spirits (whisky, rum, etc.), flavoring substances, etc., being added.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of RECTIFY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word RECTIFY
"There is a huge error which it may take some little time to rectify"
- The word/phrase 'rectify' was used by 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' in 'The complete sherlock holmes'.
"If i did you harm, i'm here to rectify it"
- 'Toni Morrison' has used the rectify in the novel Beloved.
RECTIFY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "RECTIFY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Nor can one rectify what one resents"
- This term rectify was used by Fugue in G minor.By Dimitri Shostakovich. Sequenced by J. Marques. in the Poem Heaven or hell equally could be.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें