Meaning of PURPLE in Hindi
Meaning of purple in Hindi
- बैगनी(Pr. Baigani baiganee)
- जामुनी(Pr. Jamuni jaamunee zamuni)
- लाल नीला मिला हुआ रंग का(Pr. Lal nila mila hu rang ka laal neelaa milaa huaa rang kaa)
- सुंदर(Pr. Sundar)
- प्रतापी(Pr. Pratapi prataapee)
- नीलारुण(Pr. Nilarun neelaarun)
- बैगनी रंग(Pr. Baigani rang baiganee rang)
- नीला और लाल रंग से बना हुआ रंग(Pr. Nila aur lal rang se bana hu rang neelaa aur laal rang se banaa huaa rang)
- बैजनी रंग(Pr. Baijani rang baijanee rang baizani rang)
- जामुनी रंग(Pr. Jamuni rang jaamunee rang zamuni rang)
- पर्पल(Pr. Parpal)
- धर्माचार्य का पद(Pr. Dharmachary ka pad dharmaachaary kaa pad)
- बैंगनी(Pr. Baingani bainganee)
- नीललोहित(Pr. Nilalohit neelalohit)
Meaning of PURPLE in English
- A color formed by, or resembling that formed by, a combination of the primary colors red and blue.
- Cloth dyed a purple color, or a garment of such color; especially, a purple robe, worn as an emblem of rank or authority; specifically, the purple rode or mantle worn by roman emperors as the emblem of imperial dignity; as, to put on the imperial purple.
- Hence: imperial sovereignty; royal rank, dignity, or favor; loosely and colloquially, any exalted station; great wealth.
- A cardinalate. see cardinal.
- Any species of large butterflies, usually marked with purple or blue, of the genus basilarchia (formerly limenitis) as, the banded purple (b. arthemis). see illust. under ursula.
- Any shell of the genus purpura.
- See purpura.
- A disease of wheat. same as earcockle.
- Exhibiting or possessing the color called purple, much esteemed for its richness and beauty; of a deep red, or red and blue color; as, a purple robe.
- Imperial; regal;
- Blood-red; bloody.
- To make purple; to dye of purple or deep red color; as, hands purpled with blood.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PURPLE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PURPLE
"A single wand lay on a faded purple cushion in the dusty window"
- The word/phrase 'purple' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"He could see mountains and forests under a deep purple sky"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the purple in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"He was looking very peculiar in a large purple turban"
- To understand the meaning of purple, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
PURPLE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PURPLE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"By your pure purple mantles known"
- This term purple was used by Sir Henry Wotton in the Poem Elizabeth of bohemia.
"And leap of purple spurted from his thigh"
- This term purple was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem Disabled.
"Blow, let us hear the purple glens replying"
- This term purple was used by Alfred Tennyson, Lord Tennyson in the Poem Blow, bugle, blow.
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें