Meaning of PROVOKE in Hindi
Meaning of provoke in Hindi
- कुपित करना(Pr. kupit karana kupit karanaa)
- चिढाना(Pr. chidhana chidhanaa)
- उत्तेजित करना(Pr. uttejit karana uttejit karanaa uttezit karana)
- गुस्सा होना(Pr. gussa hona gussaa honaa)
- छेड़ना(Pr. chhedana chhedanaa)
- प्रकुपित करना(Pr. prakupit karana prakupit karanaa)
- ललकारना(Pr. lalakarana lalakaaranaa)
- उत्पन्न करना(Pr. utpann karana utpann karanaa)
- उकसाना(Pr. ukasana ukasanaa)
- चिढ़ाना(Pr. chidhana chidhanaa)
- नाराज करना(Pr. naraj karana naaraaj karanaa naraz karana)
- प्रकोपन भड़कना(Pr. prakopan bhadakana prakopan bhadakanaa)
Meaning of PROVOKE in English
- To call forth; to call into being or action; esp., to incense to action, a faculty or passion, as love, hate, or ambition; hence, commonly, to incite, as a person, to action by a challenge, by taunts, or by defiance; to exasperate; to irritate; to offend intolerably; to cause to retaliate.
- To cause provocation or anger.
- To appeal. [A Latinism]
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PROVOKE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PROVOKE
"It might provoke them."
- The word/phrase 'provoke' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets'.
"Snape was trying to provoke him into telling the truth."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the provoke in the novel Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.
"He knew Snape was trying to provoke him; he had done this before."
- To understand the meaning of provoke, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
PROVOKE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
Usage of "PROVOKE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Can Honour’s voice provoke the silent dust,"
- This term provoke was used by Thomas Gray in the Poem Elegy written in a Country Churchyard.
"Why with such earnest pains dost thou provoke"
- This term provoke was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem Ode.
"What! out of senseless Nothing to provoke"
- This term provoke was used by Edward Fitzgerald in the Poem The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám.
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें