To better understand the meaning of "PROMISING", certain examples of its usage are presented.
Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word "PROMISING"
"It’s a promising lead."
- The word/phrase "promising" was used by "Mario Vargas Llosa" in "Who Killed Palomino Molero".
"She was constantly promising herself a profound felicity on her next journey."
- "Gustave Flaubert" has used the promising in the novel Madame Bovary.
"Number thirteen is ‘There,’ which ismuch more promising."
- To understand the meaning of promising, please see the following usage by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in The complete Sherlock Holmes.
"PROMISING" has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below.
Usage of "PROMISING": Examples from famous English Poetry
- "And life's half-promising, and both their riling."
- This term promising was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem S. I. W..