Meaning of PROMINENT in Hindi
Meaning of prominent in Hindi
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of PROMINENT in English
- Standing out, or projecting, beyond the line surface of something; jutting; protuberant; in high relief; as, a prominent figure on a vase.
- Hence; Distinctly manifest; likely to attract attention from its size or position; conspicuous; as, a prominent feature of the face; a prominent building.
- Eminent; distinguished above others; as, a prominent character.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PROMINENT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PROMINENT
"The Weasleys are one of our most prominent pure-blood families."
- The word/phrase 'prominent' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets'.
"As the boy passed, Harry caught glimpse of a prominent curved nose and thick black eyebrows."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the prominent in the novel Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
"In an unknown language the words are tyrannically prominent."
- To understand the meaning of prominent, please see the following usage by Rabindranath Tagore in Sadhana.
PROMINENT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PROMINENT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"We together awaken that poet And rise to be The Prominent Poet & Poetress Laureates ."
- This term prominent was used by Taffy Muzuwa in the Poem The Dormant Poet.
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें