Meaning of PROFOUND in Hindi
Meaning of profound in Hindi
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of PROFOUND in English
- Bending low, exhibiting or expressing deep humility; lowly; submissive; as, a profound bow.
- The deep; the sea; the ocean.
- Characterized by intensity; deeply felt; pervading; overmastering; far-reaching; strongly impressed; as, a profound sleep.
- An abyss.
- Descending far below the surface; opening or reaching to a great depth; deep.
- Intellectually deep; entering far into subjects; reaching to the bottom of a matter, or of a branch of learning; thorough; as, a profound investigation or treatise; a profound scholar; profound wisdom.
- To cause to sink deeply; to cause to dive or penetrate far down.
- To dive deeply; to penetrate.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PROFOUND, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PROFOUND
"O deep and sweet darkness! the profound and mystic darkness whose servant I was! Sudarshana."
- The word/phrase 'profound' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The King Of The Dark Chamber'.
"It was the hour of a profound human change, and excitement was generating on the air."
- 'F. Scott Fitzgerald' has used the profound in the novel The Great Gatsby.
"What a profound avenue."
- To understand the meaning of profound, please see the following usage by Vladimir Nabokov in Lolita.
PROFOUND has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PROFOUND": Examples from famous English Poetry
"With the touch of your closeness profound."
- This term profound was used by Orania Hamilton in the Poem Love Poem.
"Stood at the helm and cleft the flood profound:"
- This term profound was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Don Juan in Hell.
"Whose pining visions dim, forbidden hopes profound,"
- This term profound was used by Robert Bridges in the Poem Nightingales.
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें