To better understand the meaning of "PROFOUND", certain examples of its usage are presented.
Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word "PROFOUND"
"O deep and sweet darkness! the profound and mystic darkness whose servant I was! Sudarshana."
- The word/phrase "profound" was used by "Rabindranath Tagore" in "The King Of The Dark Chamber".
"It was the hour of a profound human change, and excitement was generating on the air."
- "F. Scott Fitzgerald" has used the profound in the novel The Great Gatsby.
"What a profound avenue."
- To understand the meaning of profound, please see the following usage by Vladimir Nabokov in Lolita.
"PROFOUND" has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below.
Usage of "PROFOUND": Examples from famous English Poetry
- "With the touch of your closeness profound."
- This term profound was used by Orania Hamilton in the Poem Love Poem.
- "Stood at the helm and cleft the flood profound:"
- This term profound was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Don Juan in Hell.
- "Whose pining visions dim, forbidden hopes profound,"
- This term profound was used by Robert Bridges in the Poem Nightingales.