Meaning of PRIDE in Hindi
Meaning of pride in Hindi
- घमंड ghamand
- नाज़ naz naaz naj
- मद mad
- अपने को बहुत लगाना या बडा समझना apane ko bahut lagana ya bada samajhana apane ko bahut laganaa yaa badaa samajhanaa apane ko bahut lagana ya bada samazhana
- अहंकार ahankar ahankaar
- उच्चता uchchata uchchataa
- गर्व garv garw
- झुण्ड jhund zhund
- शेरों का समूह sheron ka samuh sheron kaa samooh
- अपने को बहुत लगाना या बड़ा समझना apane ko bahut lagana ya bada samajhana apane ko bahut laganaa yaa badaa samajhanaa apane ko bahut lagana ya bada samazhana
- इतराना etarana etaranaa
- घमंड करना ghamand karana ghamand karanaa
- अभिमान abhiman
- आत्मसम्मान aatmasamman
- घमण्ड ghamand
- प्रतिष्ठा pratishtha pratishthaa
- मिथ्याभिमान mithyabhiman mithyaabhiman
- गर्व करना garv karana garv karanaa garw karana
- मान man
- अहम्मन्यता ahammanyata ahammanyataa
- ऊंचाई unchai oonchaaee
- गौरव gaurav gauraw
- ढिठाई dhithai dhithaaee
- दिखाव dikhav dikhaav dikhaw
- स्वाभिमान svabhiman svaabhiman swabhiman
- अभिमान करना abhiman karana abhiman karanaa
- गौरव मानना gaurav manana gaurav mananaa gauraw manana
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of PRIDE in English
- That of which one is proud; that which excites boasting or self-gratulation; the occasion or ground of self-esteem, or of arrogant and presumptuous confidence, as beauty, ornament, noble character, children, etc.
- A small European lamprey (Petromyzon branchialis);
- Proud or disdainful behavior or treatment; insolence or arrogance of demeanor; haughty bearing and conduct; insolent exultation; disdain.
- Highest pitch; elevation reached; loftiness; prime; glory; as, to be in the pride of one's life.
- The quality or state of being proud; inordinate self-esteem; an unreasonable conceit of one's own superiority in talents, beauty, wealth, rank, etc., which manifests itself in lofty airs, distance, reserve, and often in contempt of others.
- Consciousness of power; fullness of animal spirits; mettle; wantonness; hence, lust; sexual desire; esp., an excitement of sexual appetite in a female beast.
- To indulge in pride, or self-esteem; to rate highly; to plume;
- A sense of one's own worth, and abhorrence of what is beneath or unworthy of one; lofty self-respect; noble self-esteem; elevation of character; dignified bearing; proud delight;
- Show; ostentation; glory.
- To be proud; to glory.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PRIDE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PRIDE
"If there's one thing I pride myself on, it's my Memory Charms."
- The word/phrase 'pride' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets'.
"Second Head Boy in the family! she said, swelling with pride."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the pride in the novel Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.
"Parvati came back down the ladder glowing with pride."
- To understand the meaning of pride, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.
PRIDE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
PRIDE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PRIDE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Her smiles are lightning, though her pride despair,"
- This term pride was used by Samuel Daniel in the Poem Beauty, Time, and Love.
"The which doe still adorne her beauties pride,"
- This term pride was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.
"A sense of completion and overflowing pride."
- This term pride was used by Scotty Wright in the Poem Love Poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें