Meaning of PRETEND in Hindi
Meaning of pretend in Hindi
- छल करना chhal karana chhal karanaa
- मान लेना man lena man lenaa
- हक जमाना hak jamana hak jamanaa hak zamana
- अभिदर्शित करना abhidarshit karana abhidarshit karanaa
- हीला करना hila karana heelaa karanaa
- दम मारना dam marana dam maaranaa
- बहाना करना bahana karana bahanaa karanaa
- मिष करना mish karana mish karanaa
- अभिदर्शन करना abhidarshan karana abhidarshan karanaa
- दावा करना dava karana daavaa karanaa dawa karana
- मिथ्या अधिकार जताना mithya adhikar jatana mithyaa adhikaar jatanaa mithya adhikar zatana
- ढोंग करना dhong karana dhong karanaa
- दिखावा करना dikhava karana dikhaavaa karanaa dikhawa karana
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of PRETEND in English
- To hold out, or represent, falsely; to put forward, or offer, as true or real (something untrue or unreal); to show hypocritically, or for the purpose of deceiving; to simulate; to feign; as, to pretend friendship.
- To intend; to design; to plot; to attempt.
- To hold out the appearance of being, possessing, or performing; to profess; to make believe; to feign; to sham; as, to pretend to be asleep.
- To lay a claim to; to allege a title to; to claim.
- To hold before, or put forward, as a cloak or disguise for something else; to exhibit as a veil for something hidden.
- To hold before one; to extend.
- To put in, or make, a claim, truly or falsely; to allege a title; to lay claim to, or strive after, something;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PRETEND, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PRETEND
"Pretend to break your leg, Hermione suggested."
- The word/phrase 'pretend' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"You can pretend to be waiting for Professor Flitwick, you know."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the pretend in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"There was no need to pretend these stone snakes were real; their eyes looked strangely alive."
- To understand the meaning of pretend, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
PRETEND usage in Proverbs/Idioms
PRETEND has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PRETEND": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And each tried to pretend that he did not remark"
- This term pretend was used by Lewis Carroll in the Poem The Hunting of the Snark.
"And I pretend I dont know,"
- This term pretend was used by Prince ..... in the Poem To You I'm Nothing - Poem.
"And pretend we are here to only find,"
- This term pretend was used by Gaynor Borade in the Poem Marooned For Life.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें