Meaning of PRESENT in Hindi
Meaning of present in Hindi
- उपस्थित(Pr. upasthit)
- हाजिर(Pr. hajir haajir hazir)
- आधुनिक(Pr. aadhunik)
- वर्तमान(Pr. vartaman wartaman)
- विद्यमान(Pr. vidyaman widyaman)
- हाल का(Pr. hal ka haal kaa)
- अभी का(Pr. abhi ka abhee kaa)
- सावधान(Pr. savadhan saavadhan sawadhan)
- तैयार(Pr. taiyar taiyaar)
- मौजूद(Pr. maujud maujood mauzud)
- तात्कालिक(Pr. tatkalik taatkaalik)
- समागत(Pr. samagat samaagat)
- पेश(Pr. pesh)
- आजकल(Pr. aajakal aazakal)
- सम्प्रति(Pr. samprati)
- वर्तमान काल(Pr. vartaman kal vartaman kaal wartaman kal)
- अर्पण(Pr. arpan)
- भेंट(Pr. bhent)
- समर्पण(Pr. samarpan)
- उपहार(Pr. upahar upahaar)
- समक्ष रखना(Pr. samaksh rakhana samaksh rakhanaa)
- तोहफ़ा(Pr. tohafa tohafaa tohapha)
- उपायन(Pr. upayan upaayan)
- तौफा(Pr. taupha tauphaa taufa)
- उपस्थिति होना(Pr. upasthiti hona upasthiti honaa)
- उपस्थापन करना(Pr. upasthapan karana upasthaapan karanaa)
- उपस्थित करना(Pr. upasthit karana upasthit karanaa)
- सामने करना(Pr. samane karana saamane karanaa)
- अर्पण करना(Pr. arpan karana arpan karanaa)
- आगे रखना(Pr. aage rakhana aage rakhanaa)
- देना(Pr. dena denaa)
- हवाला करना(Pr. havala karana havaalaa karanaa hawala karana)
- सामने रखना(Pr. samane rakhana saamane rakhanaa)
- पेश करना(Pr. pesh karana pesh karanaa)
- सीध बांधना(Pr. sidh bandhana seedh baandhanaa)
- साधना(Pr. sadhana saadhanaa)
- उपस्थित होना(Pr. upasthit hona upasthit honaa)
- आना(Pr. aana anaa)
- रखना(Pr. rakhana rakhanaa)
Meaning of PRESENT in English
- Being at hand, within reach or call, within certain contemplated limits;
- Now existing, or in process; begun but not ended; now in view, or under consideration; being at this time; not past or future; as, the present session of Congress; the present state of affairs; the present instance.
- Not delayed; immediate; instant; coincident.
- Ready; quick in emergency; as a present wit.
- Favorably attentive; propitious.
- Present time; the time being; time in progress now, or at the moment contemplated; as, at this present.
- Present letters or instrument, as a deed of conveyance, a lease, letter of attorney, or other writing; as in the phrase, " Know all men by these presents," that is, by the writing itself, " per has literas praesentes; "
- A present tense, or the form of the verb denoting the present tense.
- To bring or introduce into the presence of some one, especially of a superior; to introduce formally; to offer for acquaintance; as, to present an envoy to the king; (with the reciprocal pronoun) to come into the presence of a superior.
- To exhibit or offer to view or notice; to lay before one's perception or cognizance; to set forth; to present a fine appearance.
- To pass over, esp. in a ceremonious manner; to give in charge or possession; to deliver; to make over.
- To make a gift of; to bestow; to give, generally in a formal or ceremonious manner; to grant; to confer.
- Hence: To endow; to bestow a gift upon; to favor, as with a donation; also, to court by gifts.
- To present; to personate.
- To nominate to an ecclesiastical benefice; to offer to the bishop or ordinary as a candidate for institution.
- To nominate for support at a public school or other institution .
- To lay before a public body, or an official, for consideration, as before a legislature, a court of judicature, a corporation, etc.; as, to present a memorial, petition, remonstrance, or indictment.
- To lay before a court as an object of inquiry; to give notice officially of, as a crime of offence; to find or represent judicially; as, a grand jury present certain offenses or nuisances, or whatever they think to be public injuries.
- To bring an indictment against .
- To aim, point, or direct, as a weapon; as, to present a pistol or the point of a sword to the breast of another.
- To appear at the mouth of the uterus so as to be perceptible to the finger in vaginal examination;
- Anything presented or given; a gift; a donative; as, a Christmas present.
- The position of a soldier in presenting arms; as, to stand at present.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PRESENT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PRESENT
"Just yer wand left - A yeah, an' I still haven't got yeh a birthday present."
- The word/phrase 'present' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"We received your message and enclose your Christmas present."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the present in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"His next present also contained candy -- a large box of Chocolate Frogs from Hermione."
- To understand the meaning of present, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
PRESENT usage in Proverbs/Idioms
PRESENT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PRESENT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Who present, past, and future, sees;"
- This term present was used by William Blake in the Poem Hear the Voice.
"And though the present I regret,"
- This term present was used by William Congreve in the Poem False though She be.
"Be also present heere,"
- This term present was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें