Meaning of PRECIOUS in Hindi
Meaning of precious in Hindi
Meaning of PRECIOUS in English
- Of great price; costly; as, a precious stone.
- Of great value or worth; very valuable; highly esteemed; dear; beloved; as, precious recollections.
- Particular; fastidious; overnice.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PRECIOUS, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PRECIOUS
"Watch it! hagrid roared, pulling ron away from his precious pumpkins"
- The word/phrase 'precious' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"We've had precious little to celebrate for eleven years"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the precious in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Five of their precious sixty minutes had already passed"
- To understand the meaning of precious, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
PRECIOUS has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PRECIOUS": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And like a rare and precious jewel"
- This term precious was used by Helen Steiner Rice in the Poem Friendship poem.
"Is god's most precious gift"
- This term precious was used by Jean Kyler McManus in the Poem Friendship poem.
"Appreciative, warm and precious like gold"
- This term precious was used by Written and owned by Angela Lee Hillsley in the Poem Friendship poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary