Meaning of POSSESSION in Hindi
Meaning of possession in Hindi
- अधिकार(Pr. Adhikar adhikaar)
- कब्जा(Pr. Kabja kabjaa kabza)
- दखल(Pr. Dakhal)
- भोग(Pr. Bhog)
- भुक्ति(Pr. Bhukti)
- माल(Pr. Mal maal)
- जायदाद(Pr. Jayadad jaayadaad zayadad)
- सम्पत्ति(Pr. Sampatti)
- धारण(Pr. Dharan dhaaran)
- परिग्रह(Pr. Parigrah)
- आधिपत्य(Pr. Aadhipaty)
- अधिकर(Pr. Adhikar)
- अधिकृत या अधीन क्षेत्र(Pr. Adhikrit ya adhin kshetr adhikrit yaa adheen kshetr)
- अधिकार कब्जा(Pr. Adhikar kabja adhikaar kabjaa adhikar kabza)
- अधिकृत क्षेत्र(Pr. Adhikrit kshetr)
- स्ववश(Pr. Svavash swawash)
- स्वाधीनम्(Pr. Svadhinam svaadheenam swadhinam)
- कब्जाधीन(Pr. Kabjadhin kabjaadheen kabzadhin)
- कब्जाधीन क्षेत्र(Pr. Kabjadhin kshetr kabjaadheen kshetr kabzadhin kshetr)
- स्वामित्व(Pr. Svamitv svaamitv swamitw)
Meaning of POSSESSION in English
- The act or state of possessing, or holding as one's own.
- The having, holding, or detention of property in one's power or command; actual seizin or occupancy; ownership, whether rightful or wrongful.
- The thing possessed; that which any one occupies, owns, or controls; in the plural, property in the aggregate; wealth; dominion; as, foreign possessions.
- The state of being possessed or controlled, as by an evil spirit, or violent passions; madness; frenzy; as, demoniacal possession.
- To invest with property.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of POSSESSION, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word POSSESSION
"Slytherin in possession, slytherin heading for goal -- montague scores -- lee groaned"
- The word/phrase 'possession' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban'.
"The veela had stopped dancing, and bulgaria was again in possession of the quaffle"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the possession in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"Lose a treasured possession, said harry, who was flicking through unfogging the future for ideas"
- To understand the meaning of possession, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
POSSESSION usage in Proverbs/Idioms
POSSESSION has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "POSSESSION": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st"
- This term possession was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem Sonnet i.
"Mad in pursuit, and in possession so;"
- This term possession was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem Sonnet xix.
"A good friend has to be treasured like a prized possession"
- This term possession was used by Jennie Gandhi in the Poem Beautiful friendship poem dedicated to my friend.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें