Meaning of PORTAL in Hindi
Meaning of portal in Hindi
- मुख्य mukhy
- प्रवेशद्वार praveshadvar praveshadvaar praweshadwar
- छोटा फाटक chhota phatak chhotaa phaatak chhota fatak
- पोर्टल portal
- फाटक पर का गहराव phatak par ka gaharav phaatak par kaa gaharaav fatak par ka gaharaw
- द्वातोरण - dvar-toran dvaar-toran dwar-toran
- फाटक phatak phaatak fatak
- दरवाजा daravaja daravaajaa darawaza
- चंदोवा chandova chandovaa chandowa
- सिंहद्वार sinhadvar sinhadvaar sinhadwar
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of PORTAL in English
- A prayer book or breviary; a portass.
- A door or gate; hence, a way of entrance or exit, especially one that is grand and imposing.
- By analogy with the French portail, used by recent writers for the whole architectural composition which surrounds and includes the doorways and porches of a church.
- The lesser gate, where there are two of different dimensions.
- The space, at one end, between opposite trusses when these are terminated by inclined braces.
- Formerly, a small square corner in a room separated from the rest of the apartment by wainscoting, forming a short passage to another apartment.
- Of or pertaining to a porta, especially the porta of the liver; as, the portal vein, which enters the liver at the porta, and divides into capillaries after the manner of an artery.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PORTAL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PORTAL
"She set her lamp down by the portal and stood before me."
- The word/phrase 'portal' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The Gardener'.
PORTAL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PORTAL": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And into a portal of light"
- This term portal was used by Eric R. Hughes in the Poem Love Poem.
"I may enter at her portal soon, as now her lattice takes me,"
- This term portal was used by Robert Browning in the Poem Earl Mertoun's Song.
"A wonderous portal opened wide,"
- This term portal was used by Robert Browning in the Poem The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें