Meaning of PLUCK in Hindi
Meaning of pluck in Hindi
- जानवरों का दिल जिगर और फेफडा(Pr. Janavaron ka dil jigar aur phephada janavaron kaa dil jigar aur phephadaa zanawaron ka dil zigar aur fefada)
- हिम्मत(Pr. Himmat)
- साहस(Pr. Sahas)
- ढाढस(Pr. Dhadhas dhaadhas)
- जानवरों का दिल जिगर और फेफड़ा(Pr. Janavaron ka dil jigar aur phephada janavaron kaa dil jigar aur phephadaa zanawaron ka dil zigar aur fefada)
- ढाढ़स(Pr. Dhadhas dhaadhas)
- खींचना(Pr. Khinchana kheenchanaa)
- तोड़ना(Pr. Todana todanaa)
- नोचना(Pr. Nochana nochanaa)
- बचाना(Pr. Bachana bachanaa)
Meaning of PLUCK in English
- To strip of, or as of, feathers; as, to pluck a fowl.
- To reject at an examination for degrees.
- To pull; to draw.
- Especially, to pull with sudden force or effort, or to pull off or out from something, with a twitch; to twitch; also, to gather, to pick; as, to pluck feathers from a fowl; to pluck hair or wool from a skin; to pluck grapes.
- To make a motion of pulling or twitching;
- The act of plucking; a pull; a twitch.
- The heart, liver, and lights of an animal.
- Spirit; courage; indomitable resolution; fortitude.
- The act of plucking, or the state of being plucked, at college. see pluck, v. t., 4.
- The lyrie.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PLUCK, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PLUCK
"Not a rose did i pluck"
- The word/phrase 'pluck' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The gardener'.
"So i must pluck it, for it becomes me not to make it futile"
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the pluck in the novel The home and the world.
"She could not pluck up spirit to make any answer"
- To understand the meaning of pluck, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in Anna karenina.
PLUCK has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PLUCK": Examples from famous English Poetry
"We'll cherries pluck, and pick the strawberry;"
- This term pluck was used by Thomas Randolph in the Poem An ode to master anthony stafford.
"For thee no fruits to pluck, no palms for winning"
- This term pluck was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Ave atque vale.
"I com to pluck your berries harsh and crude"
- This term pluck was used by John Milton in the Poem Lycidas.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary