Meaning of PITY in Hindi
Meaning of pity in Hindi
Meaning of PITY in English
- A feeling for the sufferings or distresses of another or others; sympathy with the grief or misery of another; compassion; fellow-feeling; commiseration.
- A reason or cause of pity, grief, or regret; a thing to be regretted.
- To feel pity or compassion for; to have sympathy with; to compassionate; to commiserate; to have tender feelings toward (any one), awakened by a knowledge of suffering.
- To move to pity;
- To be compassionate; to show pity.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PITY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PITY
"It's just a pity they let the old punishments die out"
- The word/phrase 'pity' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Was it pity i'm sorry, potter, but that's my final word"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the pity in the novel Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
"Pity sugar makes it useless, he added, taking a sip and shuddering"
- To understand the meaning of pity, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
PITY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PITY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"In their pity and passion"
- This term pity was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Hertha.
"There, wrapt in cloud of sorrow, pity move"
- This term pity was used by Thomas Campion in the Poem Devotion.
"And take whatever pity they may dole"
- This term pity was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem Disabled.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary