Meaning of PICTURE in Hindi
Meaning of picture in Hindi
- चित्र(Pr. Chitr)
- रूप(Pr. Rup roop)
- चलचित्र(Pr. Chalachitr)
- कल्पना(Pr. Kalpana kalpanaa)
- तस्वीर(Pr. Tasvir tasveer taswir)
- दृश्य(Pr. Drishy)
- प्रतिमा(Pr. Pratima pratimaa)
- सिनेमा(Pr. Sinema sinemaa)
- वर्णन(Pr. Varnan warnan)
- दशा(Pr. Dasha dashaa)
- मनोहर वस्तु(Pr. Manohar vastu manohar wastu)
- सिनेमा या टेलिविज़न का पर्दा(Pr. Sinema ya telivizan ka parda sinemaa yaa telivizan kaa pardaa sinema ya teliwijan ka parda)
- तसवीर खींचना(Pr. Tasavir khinchana tasaveer kheenchanaa tasawir khinchana)
- चित्र बनाना(Pr. Chitr banana chitr bananaa)
- प्रस्तुत करना(Pr. Prastut karana prastut karanaa)
- कल्पना करना(Pr. Kalpana karana kalpanaa karanaa)
- वर्णन करना(Pr. Varnan karana varnan karanaa warnan karana)
- तस्वीर खींचना(Pr. Tasvir khinchana tasveer kheenchanaa taswir khinchana)
- अनुमान करना(Pr. Anuman karana anuman karanaa)
Meaning of PICTURE in English
- The art of painting; representation by painting.
- A representation of anything (as a person, a landscape, a building) upon canvas, paper, or other surface, produced by means of painting, drawing, engraving, photography, etc.; a representation in colors. by extension, a figure; a model.
- An image or resemblance; a representation, either to the eye or to the mind; that which, by its likeness, brings vividly to mind some other thing; as, a child is the picture of his father; the man is the picture of grief.
- To draw or paint a resemblance of; to delineate; to represent; to form or present an ideal likeness of; to bring before the mind.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PICTURE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PICTURE
"Underneath the picture was the name albus dumbledore"
- The word/phrase 'picture' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"A picture harry repeated blankly"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the picture in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"As harry watched, lockhart gave up and slumped, panting, against the white edge of the picture"
- To understand the meaning of picture, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
PICTURE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PICTURE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"But love's brush will paint for us a picture of such beauty"
- This term picture was used by K. Brook in the Poem Love poem.
"From rest and sleep, which but thy picture be"
- This term picture was used by John Donne in the Poem Death.
"Like a dim picture of the drowned past"
- This term picture was used by Thomas Hood in the Poem Autumn.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary