Meaning of PENALTY in Hindi
Meaning of penalty in Hindi
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of PENALTY in English
- A handicap.
- Penal retribution; punishment for crime or offense; the suffering in person or property which is annexed by law or judicial decision to the commission of a crime, offense, or trespass.
- The suffering, or the sum to be forfeited, to which a person subjects himself by covenant or agreement, in case of nonfulfillment of stipulations; forfeiture; fine.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PENALTY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PENALTY
"A minute later, Katie had put another penalty past the Slytherin Seeker."
- The word/phrase 'penalty' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban'.
"Gryffindor penalty! And Angelina scored."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the penalty in the novel Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.
"Penalty! Penalty to Gryffindor! I've never seen such tactics."
- To understand the meaning of penalty, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.
PENALTY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PENALTY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Although I feared the penalty,"
- This term penalty was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem My Very Own Lilith - Poem.
"Their penalty for taunting me."
- This term penalty was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem I Know They're Out To Get Me - Poem.
"This penalty could be called his punishments perk! He was serving life sentence without a murmur."
- This term penalty was used by Srimathi Raman in the Poem Grand Reward.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें